Technical throttle body difference

Currently reading:
Technical throttle body difference

punto_lad

is a 55 body different to a 60 punto. local scrap yard have 2 55's but none off a 60, are they different bore or are they the same?
cheers in advance
scott

cheers, i'm actually looking for one to bore out (tricker style lol) so the 55 won't bore out to 40mm being a smaller bore in the first place am i right?

Find a throttle body from a punto 75 and put that on. Its 38mm bore so only 2mm less than trickers ones. I have done this and it works well.

Rich.

cheers mate, but 75s are harder to find lol. can you still bore out the 55 example to 40mm as my mate and bro inlaw are engineers so will get them to do the work

jsut to clear things up..

punto55 and punto60 tb can be bored out to 40mm. The throat is pretty much totally removed and resleeved, so the origonal size does not matter.

the mpi tb can be fitted, but its not quite as straightforward. check the cinq forums, a thread by DJ_Bucho. Details it well

arc said:
jsut to clear things up..

punto55 and punto60 tb can be bored out to 40mm. The throat is pretty much totally removed and resleeved, so the origonal size does not matter.

the mpi tb can be fitted, but its not quite as straightforward. check the cinq forums, a thread by DJ_Bucho. Details it well

so arc can you give a general breakdown of the process for me please, basically you have to bore out the tb and then make up a sleeve to slot inside am i right?

Back