thinking of going on the girlfriends insurance for the seicento

Currently reading:
thinking of going on the girlfriends insurance for the seicento

donniemateno

im 22 now had a license 5 year and thinking of going on my girlfriends insurance when her renewal is up at end of may

I have no no claims as i was on a policy with my dad which didnt get me any no claims and I have 1 years no claims from my motorbike

Wondering if this bike no claims can be carried over? at least with some insurers or do we think its gonna be a ring up every insurer I get a quote from and tell them the no claims is from a motorbike

First things first, if you're the main driver of the Seicento then the policy needs to be in your name, if it's 50/50 then either way is fine. As for carrying over NCB from a bike to a car I don't think that'll work as they require different license types, but it's always worth asking as you may find some insurers allow it :) As to your last question, yes, ring everyone, I usually start with the big names and then go to some of the smaller firms (the likes of Chris Knott or Sky who have deals here) and see if they can match or beat the best quotes (y)

My youngest had 1 yrs ncb on his ped & when we rang round for car insurance, nobody was interested - although I think one company would take it into account but the quote was almost double the cheapest - so not really taking it seriously!

...then go to some of the smaller firms (the likes of Chris Knott or Sky who have deals here) and see if they can match or beat the best quotes (y)

Strangely, when I was ringing round, I checked with one of these insurers & when they gave me a quote I then said I was also a member of fiat forum & notice you offer a discount for members - "yes, I've already taken that into account" ? really? and without me telling you? Hmmmmmmm

No you can't carry it over, Bike insurance is not the same as car insurance and you will not be able to carry over your NCD, you might as well have a year NCD on your home insurance for all the difference it makes.

also why wait for renewal you can add a person to a policy at any time

Back