The Twins - Plans are forming!

Currently reading:
The Twins - Plans are forming!

Feel like a bit of a spazz tbh :eek:

Got the adaptor plates through, and I was looking at them thinking "How the hell does this work? Maybe it'll become clear when I get the drums off."

Glad I didn't because it turns out my good deal on the calipers was only a good deal because the carriers weren't included! :(

Things may start swinging into action fairly soon - after spending months trying to find a 1242 for decent money which won't cost me limbs to have delivered I think I may have found a solution. A complete Punto 60SX for £150, engine has suffered HG failure but no issue as I was planning on skimming the head and pretty much rebuilding the whole thing anyway. It also means I have an entire car which I can pull apart for spares, sell off anything I don't need and make a bit of cash out of it

anything is possible, just depends how much cash you are willing to throw at it.

but you would need to be sure that the engine could handle it, then theres the brakes, suspension etc to look at too

but, if you pull it off, it will be awesome!!!

Eklipze3k said:
Things may start swinging into action fairly soon - after spending months trying to find a 1242 for decent money which won't cost me limbs to have delivered I think I may have found a solution. A complete Punto 60SX for £150, engine has suffered HG failure but no issue as I was planning on skimming the head and pretty much rebuilding the whole thing anyway. It also means I have an entire car which I can pull apart for spares, sell off anything I don't need and make a bit of cash out of it

Win win, 'cos presumably storage isn't a problem either (y)

Brakes are being looked at already - it's drums all round at the moment ;) and I'm looking at putting 240x11mm discs all round instead. Only reason the thought of the supercharger popped into my head is that I know Helz is using that unit on her Brava (1.2 16v I think) and there is one going on e-bay for very few pennies so thought it might be worth looking at, even if I don't use it straight away it'd be a nice upgrade path for further on down the line.

And Martyn - space won't be an issue as soon as Scott moves that shed of a Corrado off of the driveway! The 126 is still sitting 'round the back since it got towed back from Perth - it's filthy, people keep touching it and I don't like it!

Eklipze3k said:

I got mine from fluffy for £250 delivered and he has confirmed it is off a running car :) .

Yes it is £100 more, but it is less work and take up much less space than keeping a car there and don't think people need much off the punto 60 ?

Ming

DON'T drop the Sei 50mm if you wabt to use it as a daily runner my Cinq is that low and it is a pain in the arse the exhaust boxloves to **** it's self off stuff exspecialy when driving enthusiasticaly on B-roads go for a 35mm drop i think i will be raiseing the car when i can afford it other thngs to do to the car first :)

Remember tho mate that a 50mm drop on 14's would be the equivalent of about a 35mm drop on the standard 13's. At least I guess it'd be about that based on the fact that the Sei looked like it was on stilts all the time the 14's were on it :eek:

The twins plans are forming

Eklipze3k said:
Remember tho mate that a 50mm drop on 14's would be the equivalent of about a 35mm drop on the standard 13's. At least I guess it'd be about that based on the fact that the Sei looked like it was on stilts all the time the 14's were on it :eek:

True I have never been a big fan of changeing wheel sizes on cars bigger wheels can lead to bearing's wearing out quicker throws out the speedo. Still theese are all things that can be sorted out.

Back