General The Schumacher discussion thread

Currently reading:
General The Schumacher discussion thread

Ok so we aught to keep the Chit chat out of the "Do you own a Schumacher" Sticky thread. I thought i would make a general discussion one, as it would seem that we have a lot of owners frequent here recently.

Use this thread for anything Schumacher.

I will start with a pic of my own
21092010213.jpg

She is GP Schumacher No1
Mods so far.
Decat second Cat and full stainess quad exit exhaust.
Tinted windows and tint strip
Half respray.
Colour coded grill.
Red Painted Calipers.
Anthracite Alloys
Bucket Seats (reclining sports)
Momo steering wheel.
Fully sound deadened.
All wires for install run.
Painted red Aerial.

ICE :devil: TBA

Not currently in my possession as im having some work done “Inside ;)

I am at least going to Brooklands this year if anybody is interested and im hoping that my Finances will let me get to a few other Major AI shows.

When i get her back on sunday i will start making plans for the engine. Im hoping that upgrading the charging system wiring (being done as i type i believe) That i can reach my 205 bhp goal. I wont be using cone induction for the foreseeable future but i would be interested to see if anybody has made significant improvments throughout the Curve using one.

So lets here about yours and talk away.

Regards

Stu

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Have you got a Schumacher?

Various moderators have updated the list since it started on 04/07/2006.

186 was added to list on 10/07/2006 and owned by forum member SchooweeNick

First mention of it being dead was on 16/02/2010 but no further information was given. SchooweeNick is still a member of the forum but he last posted on 28/05/2010.

You could use the advanced search for all posts made by SchooweeNick to see if he posted anything about the car being written off or send him a PM and/or e-mail to ask about it's history.

WOW :eek: just checked though some of his old posts its sounds like at some point it has been in a nasty accident, but obviously salvagable - or they did'nt go though the insurance? whatevers happened, its straight as a dye now ( or it was untill a parcel van scrapped the wing and bumper!:mad:). so not too worried about it - theres not alot i can do about it now, i was more intrested in the tuning its recived? at one point its been putting out about 205 bhp! i wonder if its still giving that much? oh and it seems to have gone though a few gearboxes! and with the whinning comming from mine, it may well be having another!:D

As far as im aware the car had the induction removed.

sort of? it still has the GSR induction pipe on it but has the original airbox on? i do plan on putting some sort of cone filter back on at some point and an added bonus is that he fitted an OMP strut brace, which was then removed so the holes are aready in place for me to fit one back on! one less job to do:)

This car is well known by the old stilosport members.

Its was running alot more than 205bhp more like 240bhp. I believe it sufferd form some sort of engine problem but not sure what, this is probably why it is showing as dead on the list not because it had been crashed or stolen(y)

Last edited:

I would like to know how you get an abarth up that high. It wasnt ever up that much no wonder its fubard.

It had a full 2 1/2 inch custom exhaust from the manifold back, with a sports cat and the second cat removed. The standard cat and front flexi section are very restrictive, but because of the cost, which I think was around £1200 no body else at the time bothered.

Part of the exhaust still lives today its on greggers car as well as the bembo kit which came from nicks car.

Still your talking about 40 bhp over a standard remap and induction just from a mani and full decat. Not to meantion the injectors runing at something like 125% duty cycle at full throtle. I have removed the second cat from mine and i can say the throtle response has improved but am i geting significantly more power?
Please dont confuse my sceptisism with sarcasm. I would love to think that i can hit that sort of figure. I spose only time will tell.

Re: Have you got a Schumacher

240 does seem abit much. But they where the figures that GSR and nick claimed. If you look at the standard cat an flexi you will see how bad it is then I have no dout the are gains to be had there, and let's not forget that rubbish omp back box.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good by OMP
28062010165.jpg

Gadgemyster as it seems your car has still got a remap and maybe more (im just looking up a thread for you) If you want to unlock a bit more of what you have i would seriously recommend the quad exit. It looks much better in person, i understand that its not everybodies cup of tea but it does the job its sposed to. Any single pipe would have to be massive and to loud.

Here is the MM thread. Im sure there are more around somewhere.
https://www.fiatforum.com/members-motors/78736-my-stilo-schumacher-2.html

Last edited:

This car is well known by the old stilosport members.

Its was running alot more than 205bhp more like 240bhp. I believe it sufferd form some sort of engine problem but not sure what, this is probably why it is showing as dead on the list not because it had been crashed or stolen(y)

oh i see! thats better than being smashed up then i guess!!:D having never driven another 2.4, i don't really have any comparision so i don't know wheather its still running a re-map? it certainally goes some!! deffinatly got the standard (omp) exhaust but it does seem to have a tubular type manifold (as aposed to a cast iron one) don't know wheather they all had them? its great to see that he is well known, i aim at going at least 3 of the main shows the forum is attending so hopfully will be able to find out more:) thanks for the link, i have sent SchooweeNick an email to see if he can disclose alittle more info

Good by OMP
28062010165.jpg

Gadgemyster as it seems your car has still got a remap and maybe more (im just looking up a thread for you) If you want to unlock a bit more of what you have i would seriously recommend the quad exit. It looks much better in person, i understand that its not everybodies cup of tea but it does the job its sposed to. Any single pipe would have to be massive and to loud.

Here is the MM thread. Im sure there are more around somewhere.
https://www.fiatforum.com/members-motors/78736-my-stilo-schumacher-2.html

volxstu, its worth concidering? how much do you think a custom one is? i like the idea of maybe a twin exit?

I paid £700 for that. Im sure you can get something done cheaper but i have had exhausts from the guy in the past and he is truly amazing at his job.

Anyway the mods dont like to much Off topic in this thread so i think i should make a general Schumacher owners and discussion thread (y)

Here's mine:

DSC_02021.jpg

I've tried to kep the appearance close to standard and mods have been mainly function over form:

Retro-fit Alfa 147 cruise control
Stainless steel exhaust (2nd Cat removed)
'Greek' earthing solution (four extra earth leads)
K&N panel filter
Ultra Racing chassis braces (upper and lower, front and rear)
Wheel spacers (5mm front, 10mm rear)
Abarth skirt badges
Rear window sun blinds
Nippon Denso Iridium plugs
High output headlamp bulbs
Bosch Aerotwin wipers
Wipex wiper push rod kit

Ok well heres mine, Stilo GP (Enzo) pretty much "standard" other than the red painted calipers -possibly lowered an extra 15mm but can't confirm and thought to be running at +200bhp but who knows?:rolleyes: got plenty of plans in the pipe for it though, mainly inside and under the bonnet ( i too am gonna keep it as standard as i can ).........

001.jpg

some sort of cone fitler ( got a few in the garage which may fit? ),
re-fitment of a front strut brace,
a set of those NGK irridiums would be nice,
may well fit some fancy brakes but not made my mind up?
a new head unit so i can play my i-pod,
and fitmet of a bass bin in the boot to replace the standard one!(y)

......i also desperatly need the cam belt doing and an oil chance too:)

Back