General The FIAT Panda 4x4 will be available to order again in 2023.

Currently reading:
General The FIAT Panda 4x4 will be available to order again in 2023.

Yes…over the decades, we’ve lost JCT600, sunwin motors, Dixons, Calder Valley, and several others, that were various stages of useless! What’s more galling is that, round here, you see almost as many panda 4x4s as land rovers, and more 500 Abarths than golf gti’s! The nearest ones are Piccadilly motors in Clecheaton, or Arnold Clarke in Leeds, or if you go to an independent, Turin Motors in Leeds…all of a trek from sunny Skipton
Having said that, I do use GGB (shop4parts) in Bradford

Better late than never Mouse and well worth the wait. You'll love the new touchscreen.
Definitely, it will be much cheaper to run than my Megane and perfect for what I need. I'll be ripping out the touchscreen soon too, one of the guys on here is interested in it. I got a Pioneer flip out CD / touchscreen going in and I'll likely upgrade the speakers too in time...all 4 of them lol

Definitely, it will be much cheaper to run than my Megane and perfect for what I need. I'll be ripping out the touchscreen soon too, one of the guys on here is interested in it. I got a Pioneer flip out CD / touchscreen going in and I'll likely upgrade the speakers too in time...all 4 of them lol
I've sent you a PM Mouse. I'd like to buy the touchscreen from you.

The much-anticipated revived Fiat Panda will arrive next year as a “less is more” crossover to take on the Dacia Sandero, boss Olivier Francois has all but confirmed to Autocar.

Ooh only fiat of recent times with 5 stud hubs...

Could have at least disguised the Suzuki wheels.

Expect it to be based on this.

download (1).jpeg

Just about all the press are also quoting Autocar, but very little in the Italian press, which is more than a little unusual.
On the subject of the platform, CMP PSA for avenger and 600, the only reference was a previous article, I think that was Quattroroute, that stated the Nuova Panda would be the first Stellantis developed small platform.
This was rumoured to be 7”/180mm shorter than the CMP platform and there wasn’t scope to shorten it to accommodate battery space in its current configuration, hence a new platform, and it will be shared with replacements for the Toyota aygo derived PSA vehicles.
If they’re cutting costs, anything is possible with any platform but, it better be a panda and it better have a 4x4.

Just about all the press are also quoting Autocar, but very little in the Italian press, which is more than a little unusual.
On the subject of the platform, CMP PSA for avenger and 600, the only reference was a previous article, I think that was Quattroroute, that stated the Nuova Panda would be the first Stellantis developed small platform.
This was rumoured to be 7”/180mm shorter than the CMP platform and there wasn’t scope to shorten it to accommodate battery space in its current configuration, hence a new platform, and it will be shared with replacements for the Toyota aygo derived PSA vehicles.
If they’re cutting costs, anything is possible with any platform but, it better be a panda and it better have a 4x4.
The price point is what I'm basing my thoughts on.

13k is not high, they've pensioned off the platform the UK C3 is based on but there's an Indian market one (shown above) that is designed to be cheap to build and can be electrified at a price point around 20k.

Standard CMP is too expensive for the stated 13k price point, but the cheaper version they use for developing markets could get there.

13k is not high, they've pensioned off the platform the UK C3 is based on but there's an Indian market one (shown above) that is designed to be cheap to build and can be electrified at a price point around 20k.

Standard CMP is too expensive for the stated 13k price point, but the cheaper version they use for developing markets could get there.
This gives an indication of where Stellantis are heading: https://www.stellantis.com/en/news/...market-with-future-proof-customer-innovations See the video which is all about C and D segment but note "First of Four all new Platforms"...

1688646804792.png

Yes, I saw that article on Autocar as well, back in February I think, which is for the ‘emerging markets’…don’t you think the renderings for the European version of the C3 look suspiciously like the Centro’ with Citroens light/grill setup, much more boxy and, dare I say, Panda like
I guess im clutching at straws for a real back-to-basics panda

This gives an indication of where Stellantis are heading: https://www.stellantis.com/en/news/...market-with-future-proof-customer-innovations See the video which is all about C and D segment but note "First of Four all new Platforms"...

View attachment 426386
Saw that…this 4x4 better be better than the Jeep Compass currently utilising:
“Vehicles based on STLA Medium will be sold globally and be available with front-drive propulsion or all-wheel drive with the addition of a second electric drive module at the rear, with BEV power output range from 160 to 285 kW.”
I’ve no idea how the rear drive electric module got its ‘trail rated’ badge as I can see that ‘coming a cropper’…I know lots of 4x4 EVs already use a front and rear motor or one at each corner, but the compass one looks like more of a ‘stop gap’ solution

Yes, I saw that article on Autocar as well, back in February I think, which is for the ‘emerging markets’…don’t you think the renderings for the European version of the C3 look suspiciously like the Centro’ with Citroens light/grill setup, much more boxy and, dare I say, Panda like
I guess im clutching at straws for a real back-to-basics panda
To be fair when I saw that rendering it struck me it looked more like a Panda than the traditionally curved C3.

Citroen C3 exclusive images.jpg

Would represent an inflation in size though given even the current C3 is a 4m long car.

To be fair when I saw that rendering it struck me it looked more like a Panda than the traditionally curved C3.

View attachment 426389
Would represent an inflation in size though given even the current C3 is a 4m long car.
Indeed, and the subcontinental C3 looks too much like the Dacia Spring, which will precede the C3 launch…having said that, it’s getting harder to distinguish marques, except for the badge and lights. And if we take adverts into account, it’s not till the end that you realise they’re trying to sell you a car!

A minor disappointment on my new Panda is there were no rear parking sensors. I'm positive these were standard fit on the Cross when I ordered in Feb last year. Were these quietly dropped as part of more cost cutting?

A minor disappointment on my new Panda is there were no rear parking sensors. I'm positive these were standard fit on the Cross when I ordered in Feb last year. Were these quietly dropped as part of more cost cutting?
Same here Mouse. I didn't notice when I collected mine from the dealer, but did when I got home. I'm sure they were on the configurator when I placed my order. I phoned my dealer next day and he said none of the run out 4x4 had reversing sensors and he couldn't give me an answer why. I ended up purchasing an OEM set from my local Fiat dealer who did them at half price. Just got to get them fitted now.

Same here Mouse. I didn't notice when I collected mine from the dealer, but did when I got home. I'm sure they were on the configurator when I placed my order. I phoned my dealer next day and he said none of the run out 4x4 had reversing sensors and he couldn't give me an answer why. I ended up purchasing an OEM set from my local Fiat dealer who did them at half price. Just got to get them fitted now.

My new Cross was also meant to arrive with sensors but when picking it up they were missing from mine and the other cars that had just arrived. Dealer checked and they were on the build sheet but not actually installed.
Dealer arranged to get them and they were fitted a week later with no issues FOC.

Back