General The FIAT Panda 4x4 will be available to order again in 2023.

Currently reading:
General The FIAT Panda 4x4 will be available to order again in 2023.

Panda%20Cross%20%282%29.jpg

There has been talk for a while about the fact that the Fiat Panda 4x4 is no longer there, and that is correct.
Price list and online configurator of the Italian city car are essentially of the four-wheel drive version.
However, we should not start reciting the profundis: the Fiat Panda 4x4 is coming back.
The current model with combustion engine will return.
It's only a matter of time.

Fiat has announced that production of the Panda 4x4 will resume next year.
The Panda 4x4 has been put on hold and it is still too early to say goodbye.
Olivier Francois (CEO of Fiat and Abarth) explained the situation of the Fiat Panda 4x4.
“Production is temporarily halted because we cannot meet demand due to the chip crisis.
Continuing to take new orders and dissatisfying our customers, while the waiting lists of those who have already booked are seven to eight months long,
did not seem fair and responsible to us.
So we decided to hit the pause button, but it's just a standby.”
Fiat has announced that production of the Panda 4x4 will resume in 2023.

The current Fiat Panda will remain in production at Pomigliano D'Arco until 2026.
From 2024 it will be joined by the new Panda, a world car that will grow to move to segment B.
It is designed in Brazil on a low cost CMP platform where it will be produced and sold with a hybrid engine, while in Europe it will be electric only and produced in Serbia.

View attachment 416633

There has been talk for a while about the fact that the Fiat Panda 4x4 is no longer there, and that is correct.
Price list and online configurator of the Italian city car are essentially of the four-wheel drive version.
However, we should not start reciting the profundis: the Fiat Panda 4x4 is coming back.
The current model with combustion engine will return.
It's only a matter of time.

Fiat has announced that production of the Panda 4x4 will resume next year.
The Panda 4x4 has been put on hold and it is still too early to say goodbye.
Olivier Francois (CEO of Fiat and Abarth) explained the situation of the Fiat Panda 4x4.
“Production is temporarily halted because we cannot meet demand due to the chip crisis.
Continuing to take new orders and dissatisfying our customers, while the waiting lists of those who have already booked are seven to eight months long,
did not seem fair and responsible to us.
So we decided to hit the pause button, but it's just a standby.”
Fiat has announced that production of the Panda 4x4 will resume in 2023.

The current Fiat Panda will remain in production at Pomigliano D'Arco until 2026.
From 2024 it will be joined by the new Panda, a world car that will grow to move to segment B.
It is designed in Brazil on a low cost CMP platform where it will be produced and sold with a hybrid engine, while in Europe it will be electric only and produced in Serbia.
I had heard that the new panda would be built at the old/new zastava plant, but also in Poland, has Fiat fallen out with the Poles or are they reserving it for the new 500 platform

…I’m guessing they’re ditching the battery leasing, small for normal commute, inner-city, call into garage and ‘rent’ bigger battery for longer journey platform idea then

I really wonder what engine will be in the 2023 Panda 4x4.
TwinAir Production does no longer exist, the factory that build them, has be retooled and building now 3 and 4 cylinder FIREFLY engines.
A 3 cylinder turbo make no sense emission wise.

So it will probably the same 70 hp 3 cylinder Mild Hybrid engine like all other Panda's.

Whatever happened to the supercharger that was postulated a couple of years ago, (or a couple of years before the pandemic) for Fiats ‘small engine program’

Yes, is a stupid idea anyway, nobody will swap around with batteries in there cars.
I dunno, there are now several manufacturers, shown on ‘recharged’ programme that have test beds, one with a fully working automated battery swap ‘fuel station’. My mate, who has a 500 and his wife with Clio, hire bigger cars for holidays, if he had a bigger EV I dare say he’d use it, in principle

The TwinAir was a great engine idea, remove 2 cilinders, and make space for a electric motor between ICE engine and gearbox, for plug-in hybrid solution.
Except Sergio Marchionne killed the Hybrid plans off, to economize the FIAT Chrysler Concern.

The next Gen 500's will all be build on de e-CMP platform, as do the 2024 Panda. (Peugeot 208)
That sounds really interesting, I can’t wait to see what they offer for the 2024 Panda, I think interior has been due for a redesign for years, something modern looking, similar to the new 500e but in the Panda form factor would be horrifically good in my opinion.

And of course, even more interesting is the price point - do they keep it the same price as now, do they make it a little higher or much higher? Could it really be “people’s Tesla”? Guess we’ll find out soon.

That sounds really interesting, I can’t wait to see what they offer for the 2024 Panda, I think interior has been due for a redesign for years, something modern looking, similar to the new 500e but in the Panda form factor would be horrifically good in my opinion.

And of course, even more interesting is the price point - do they keep it the same price as now, do they make it a little higher or much higher? Could it really be “people’s Tesla”? Guess we’ll find out soon.
Like fiats ‘4x4 for all’ all stillborn or axed except panda

I still can't imagine it will still have the TwinAir engine.
The Panda will be in production till 2026, where will they get the TwinAir engines from till then.
I can imagine they will finished the already produced Panda's 4x4 with TwinAir engine, but after that there need to be an engine upgrade.

What else could it have? That dismal faux-“hybrid” lash-up is totally unsuited to the 4x4. It couldn’t pull the skin off a rice pudding.
Agree, but the TwinAir engine production has been stopped.
The only alternative could be the 3 cilinder FIREFLY Turbo, used as a 100 hp version in the Tipo and as a 120 hp version in the 500X.

Agree, but the TwinAir engine production has been stopped.
The only alternative could be the 3 cilinder FIREFLY Turbo, used as a 100 hp version in the Tipo and as a 120 hp version in the 500X.
Although I’ve seen that twinair production has halted, and replaced on the production lines, within Europe, I’ve seen no mention of halting, of the engines production, in South America…it wouldn’t be the first SAmerican Fiat product to reach Europe…it’s a pity we never got the Toro, quite fancied one of those

Although I’ve seen that twinair production has halted, and replaced on the production lines, within Europe, I’ve seen no mention of halting, of the engines production, in South America…it wouldn’t be the first SAmerican Fiat product to reach Europe…it’s a pity we never got the Toro, quite fancied one of those
The 3 cylinder FIREFLY was even before Europe introduced in SA America.
And so far i know the TwinAir is never used or build over there.
They have a 1332cc Normal Aspirated FIREFLY 4 cylinder engine over there with 100 hp, it's the 4 cylinder version of the 3 cylinder Hybrid engine Europe has but without the Hybrid system.

If we extrapolate what they did at VX...

Slow ones 1.2 puretech NA...faster ones turbo puretech. Stellantis are brutal in terms of keeping costs down they aren't going to build a different 3 pot or a twin air when they have a proven engine they've paid for and will fit the cmp platform for developing markets.

Also does anything up to 150 bhp so entirely covers same range the firefly did. It'll need re- engineering either way so I'd put money on it getting a 75bhp puretech as a starter and 100bhp turbo as the fancy one.

Last edited:
The 3 cylinder FIREFLY was even before Europe introduced in SA America.
And so far i know the TwinAir is never used or build over there.
They have a 1332cc Normal Aspirated FIREFLY 4 cylinder engine over there with 100 hp, it's the 4 cylinder version of the 3 cylinder Hybrid engine Europe has but without the Hybrid system.
I thought they built the TA in Brazil and Firefly in Argentina?

The 3 and 4 cylinder FIREFLY engines are both Normal Aspirated and turbo versions.
The 4 cylinder normal aspirated engine is not used in Europe, instead they use the 3 cylinder FIREFLY turbo engine in Europe.
The biggest challenge is what engines could be fitted to the 4x4 gearbox, besides the TwinAir engine.

Back