Styling The Effects of lowering a Stilo.

Currently reading:
Styling The Effects of lowering a Stilo.

There should be plenty of room even when lowered - the only time I've caught my underside (oo-er!!) was recently on a very fast b-road as the there was a small dip in the road. I was going about a 110mph when I glanced at the speedo so that's the main reason why - all it has done is scuff the skid plate, make a loud bang and scare me - so I drove all the way home at about 40!!

jasper said:
There should be plenty of room even when lowered - the only time I've caught my underside (oo-er!!) was recently on a very fast b-road as the there was a small dip in the road. I was going about a 110mph when I glanced at the speedo so that's the main reason why - all it has done is scuff the skid plate, make a loud bang and scare me - so I drove all the way home at about 40!!
Is your car lowered then Jasper ?

Well I went in to see if the springs had arrived yet and have been told the H&R springs have been recalled for the Abarth..something to do with being a bad fit.. So now I gotta wait another week for a set of Eibach.. am i right in thinking that the eibachs are a 30mm drop TC ?

You are...............................

probably right Stu, to be honest I bought mine nearly two years ago, when, one, they were cheaper and, two, they were probably advertised and marketed differently, I've not kept myself updated with their products as I've not needed to, so yes, you are better informed, now give us a kiss!

I supose i had better check with them which ones im getting then...although the insurance said im allowed up to 50mm drop...
Talking of insurance.. weird one this is...
A week ago i sent them an email asking for the price of the 35mm drop.. they said it would be an extra £69 (yeah i know its Stus' favourite number)
just for that...
Well yesterday I asked them to put the lowering and the new exhaust onto the policy together..I was expecting at least £120 if it was £69 just for the one thing... They came back with a total price of £39... are they on the waccy baccy or what ? well I said yeah go ahead, before they changed their minds :) Well chuffed..

Well, I am going with the Pro-kit, which seems to be the happy comprimise, even though they seem to be the more expensive spring.....

I will phone up insurance tomorrow, to add the CDA as well - be interesting to see what the combined loading is for both items.

TC, come here now :p

Heres a general price guide to the two different types of spring
===============================================
Eibach

Category : Eibach Sportline Springs

Sub-category : Eibach Sportline - Fiat

Application : Stilo Saloon (192) 2.4 20V, 1.9 JTD 115, 2.4 JTD ; 10.01 -

Product Code: E-20-30-001-03-22

Details : Lowering front/rear = 45-50 mm/30 mm

Price: £126.43 (inc VAT)

Delivery: £9.00
======================================================

Eibach

Category : Eibach Pro-Kit Springs

Sub-category : Eibach Springs - Fiat

Application : Stilo Saloon (192) 2.4 20V, 1.9 JTD 115, 2.4 JTD ; 10.01 -

Product Code: E-10-30-001-02-22

Details : Lowering front/rear = 30 mm/30 mm

Price: £134.29 (inc VAT)

Delivery: £9.00

========================================================

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/frame-detail.asp?PAGE=/availability.htm

Any idea why the pro-kit is the more expensive ?
Is it just the fact that as they are not as low as the sportline, so then theres more material used in the spring ?... because the sportline sound pretty good as the stilo would look good lower at the front..

I wish....

I was old like you guys, then maybe Direct Line would trust me to drive a modded car :D

Only one more month till renewal though, but tbh struggling to find a comparable quote elsewhere, I may end up stuck with them for another year :eek:

I'll be 25 at my next renewal though, positively geriatric, so hopefully I'll be seen as a little more responsible and be able to join the moddin club :cool:

Anyway, Stu & Koarang you're both well on the way to having your motors well sorted!

Re: I wish....

James M said:
I was old like you guys, then maybe Direct Line would trust me to drive a modded car :D

Anyway, Stu & Koarang you're both well on the way to having your motors well sorted!

Yes, but with them being so old and on deaths door is it worth it ??? Will the DVLA and their GPs allow them to continue to drive ???

James, don't mock us Thirtysomethings, it'll be here quicker than you think !!!

Back