General The coast to coast rust accelerating adventure

Currently reading:
General The coast to coast rust accelerating adventure

Weather forecast seems to be improving towards sunny Sunday morning.

Just notice the Station Inn does not have any car park spaces, nearest appropriate is Home base or should we just use the large car park at the opposite stadium?

Attachments

• hexham.JPG
    hexham.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
They were the only place offering family rooms but I'm sure there'll be a nearby parking solution.

Stickers have arrived - which is good, but. -I've mucked up the measurements so they're very small, unfortunately.
However I've got loads, so everyone can have a few to compensate.

Sorry.

Happens to the best of us mate!

Stonehenge-replica.png

( Anyone confused should go here :) )

On the plus side, they do look awesome - wish I was coming :(

Last edited:
We'll save you some stickers and I hope Ula will share some of her usual great shots, next week.

Final, final, timetable and route decisions have now been made by the committee. - So be ready for a short walk to an interesting (well, we liked it) place of industrial history on Saturday. - Nothing too arduous.

And we've got another non-Fiat interloper in the convoy, standing in for Sean's stalled 'Pony Arena Panda'. Which should be interesting.

I'm getting excited.

I should be able to help with the rad support.

Took Panda for a run tonight as not been used properly since NEC. Shakedown test shook down the alternator. Tomorrow's challenge is to find one or get one refurbed.. Inevitably mk1 is different to FIRE.

Fault may be elsewhere in circuit as swapped for a spare tonight. Problem is I have no history on spare. Easiest answer is auto elec place first thing.

Looking forward to Saturday nonetheless!

Tomorrow's challenge is to find one or get one refurbed.. Inevitably mk1 is different to FIRE.

Looking forward to Saturday nonetheless!

Would the 900 pandas, Uno, Fiorino or Seat Fura, Ibiza, Marbella or even Yugo be the same?

DRI 218.101.452
DUCELLIER 516032
ELSTOCK 28-0877
FEMSA ALP12N-20
FEMSAALP12N-24FIAT5973034
FIAT 5973035
FIAT 77110410
FIAT 4458618
FIAT 7546343
FIAT 5947376
FIAT 7546342
FIAT 5947366
FIAT 4451759
FIAT 4456152
FIAT 46231655
FIAT 77110411
FRIESEN 00-32.340
FRIESEN 34-32.341
FRIESEN 19-32.341
LUCAS 24041
LRA 00832

Last edited:
Well a brilliant day 1 was had yesterday, amazing scenery and fantastic driving roads - the weather's been glorious as well plus we've seen snow!

We've had a good few mishaps, the luckiest escape was Jacob kolza losing his nearside rear wheel whilst we were on the dual carriageway on the way to the meet point, he skillfully bailed into the parking bay which was right next to him and clearly designed for the job! We've sadly had to say goodbye early to David aquamarine as he's had throttle cable and linkage issues, he successfully bodged it with elastic bands bought from the Post Office before making his retreat home while there was still light and good weather. Sam's gear linkage got damaged on a rock so we had to repair it in a "full" national trust car park amongst ramblers and sheep, on the point of leaving we became detached from John panda panda but he'll be joining us again for Sunday's route.

Other highlights were; interupting a couple of what can only be described as doggers in a BMW aside the mountain pass, completely blocking roads and car parks several times with our breakdown/repair strategies, and also the "industrial feature" - an amazing cave!

A decent meal and a few pints at the Station Inn, Hexham last night, an acceptable nights' sleep and on with day two...

Back