General The coast to coast rust accelerating adventure

Currently reading:
General The coast to coast rust accelerating adventure

Ah, so that one is one of the no-go routes!

- I'm learning fast that the online material isn't enough to plan from. And I now understand a little more how even a very good Trail Rider's video is difficult to interpret for our needs.

This example shows as a vehicular right of way on the maps but unsuitable for cars.. - So why not say 'motorbikes only' - possibly for legal reasons but I don't really know.
On reflection, is it better to have made a mistake but proved a point about Pandas (at the expense of another bit of bent bar)? Or should I have been more circumspect and turned back?

One lady walker (laughing) commented - "If I'd been in that car, I'd have got out and walked ages ago." -Her husband said - "If I see you in the pub later, I'll buy you a pint."

- About sums it up really. We're all different.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Panda + 3 inches, let me at'em with my Bash er Bull Bars!

I shall adjust the choke back again so it doesn't act like a cruise control and hope for the best. I'm sure there will be an expert on hand to reset the carbonationing pain in the rectum.

-

" unsuitable for cars.." - So why not say 'motorbikes only' - possibly for legal reasons but I don't really know.

Yes you're right. They can't state motorbike are welcome! Unsuitable- does not mean that cars are banned or not allowed, average size of car is simply to big .

Same applies to signs "unsuitable" for coaches, HGV or caravans,

You can still legally use it BUT solely on your own responsibility and it is more that likely that if you will get in troubles ( i.e. get stuck) you can cause major obstruction to other "more suitable" users.
If we were to attend to drive trough we would definitely need a Scout or person in Marshall hi-vis jacket at the other end first possible passing point to stop any oncoming traffic.

Nice views there on the left just before the narrow bit.

Either way it is still not better to get in to troubles

Last edited:
Yes you're right. They can't state motorbike are welcome! Unsuitable- does not mean that cars are banned or not allowed, average size of car is simply to big .

Same applies to signs "unsuitable" for coaches, HGV or caravans,

You can still legally use it BUT solely on your own responsibility and it is more that likely that if you will get in troubles ( i.e. get stuck) you can cause major obstruction to other "more suitable" users.
If we were to attend to drive trough we would definitely need a Scout or person in Marshall hi-vis jacket at the other end first possible passing point to stop any oncoming traffic.

Nice views there on the left just before the narrow bit.

Either way it is still not better to get in to troubles

It all depends on the lane's "status" as far as the local council are concerned. Andy if there is a name of the lane on the OS map you are using, or a UID tag (number) then I can check it out on trail wise, or just let me know where it runs to and from I will search it. If it's classed as open to vehicles then there's no reason to not have a go!

Voluntary Restraint request

Reason: Physically too narrow for modern 4x4's

http://www.trailwise.org.uk/do_quickfind.php?uid=NY3002-02

Yeah so not closed but restrained on a voluntary basis by one or all three of the green lane organisations.

Do you have the full access to trail wise Jacob?

Edit: As we were discussing the other day Jacob, it looks like our route from Masham will be the A684 to Kendal then South to the museum. Feel free to join in with us, but the route we discussed to take the A65 Skipton road will cause us too many delays from our way - they are digging roads up everywhere on the way to over to Skipton, I think it will be that bit quicker for us to go the A684.

Last edited:
Yeah so not closed but restrained on a voluntary basis by one or all three of the green lane organisations.

Do you have the full access to trail wise Jacob?

Edit: As we were discussing the other day Jacob, it looks like our route from Masham will be the A684 to Kendal then South to the museum. Feel free to join in with us, but the route we discussed to take the A65 Skipton road will cause us too many delays from our way - they are digging roads up everywhere on the way to over to Skipton, I think it will be that bit quicker for us to go the A684.

No full access, just guest rights but in conjunction with streetmap it is still capable tool.
Good call on the roadworks, A684 sounds great, still shows less than 4h and that is what you call 'drive straight towards West Cost'.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Pri...1!1s0x487c964ba100eb6f:0x699d061b4b3b1346!3e0

The short cut uphill to my village I walked today goes up a panda sized lane lined with stonewalls and would make a lovely green lane for our little cars - apart from the miserable git who put two huge stones at the other end to stop access :(
I did think of making a custom ramp to make this accessible though!
No signs saying anything against vehicular access!

(if that Tommy Halfingers? or are all Halfingers allowed?)

Thought I'd found us a ford to play in-

"Legitimate" is an interesting word with a broad range of interpretations available..

Is driving Pandas backwards and forwards through it to take photographs of splashing 'legitimate'?
Or how about 'because it makes me laugh', is that a legitimate reason?
What about 'because it's there!' - 'Legitimate'?

Bless the Civil Service.

I've begun looking into our numbers, with a view to booking an evening meal somewhere. I've got: AndyPanda4x4 + Sam panda1408 andyholli + 2 panda panda Most Easterly Pandas kolza +1 aquamarine + some

Who have I missed - or whom have I included erroneously?

We have a few rooms at The Station Inn booked so that's where I propose we eat if they'll have us.

And its Karaoke Night!

Back