General The coast to coast rust accelerating adventure

Currently reading:
General The coast to coast rust accelerating adventure

We're back home, no issues appart from the occasional 'wobble'. Many thanks to all for sshowing up, including both pandaL. AndyH - big thanks for perfect route, all the planning effort and amazing weather, we couldn't have more sun. AndyB i've 2Gb off footage, will select and upload online for further editing. Thanks to the sun Ula's photos should be great.

Last edited:
I too have made it home safely, after an additional few miles through the Tyne tunnel and up to Whitley Bay to see an old mate.

Thanks to Andy and family for a first class meet, today was absolutely brilliant with plenty of mud and wet bits! Thanks also to all who attended as always, it's you guys that make these weekends fantastic.

I am sure Hadrian loved seeing all his Panda friends for the last time, a worthy send off.

Roll on the next one!

Wish I'd been there...looks like it was a good old laugh as usual! But I needed to get on with preps for the Marbellas first event unfortunately. And unfortunately it meant building another storage area to make room to get to the car!

Can't believe a wheel came off!! But thinking about it Jacob ( kolza ) didn't you say you had fitted wheels which weren't hub-centric? And were just located on the wheel bolts? Thinking this is a likely reason if the wheel bolts failed. Hope there wasn't too much damage though. Sounds like a lucky escape!

Also sorry to hear you had issues David ( aquamarine ). Let me know if you need anything and I'll see if I can help :)

Anyway, glad fun was had by all. Catch you for the next one I hope!! :slayer:

Si

I three have arrived back safely, making good time on my journey home. I can only echo what has been said, another excellent weekend, with many memorable moments.

Thanks to everyone for the perfect company as usual and of course special thanks to Andy & co for all the organisation, planning and keeping everything running smoothly.

C2C highlights for me -

1. -Seeing people's faces when we're on tracks. - Without exception, everyone is smiling and I still don't know exactly why and it doesn't matter, but I would one day like to understand what's going on. I think it's called 'fun'.

2. -Seeing what's possible to drive through, up, over, down, into, off, etc. Yet again I've seen cars (and skilled drivers) doing things I didn't know they could.
3. -Hardknott Pass from west to east is superb.

4. -What a stunning country we live in.

5. As a photographer, I've got much to learn from Ula.

Au revoir Hadrian.

Thank you to everyone for your generous thanks and great company this weekend. We enjoyed the preparation and planning almost as much as the weekend itself and can't wait for the next.

Last edited:
Enjoy day 2 everyone! Fantastic weather by the looks of it too. What we saw of day 1 was great. We met up with our other breakdown near home.

I think I've worked out what's been amusing me about this photograph. I can see it used in a future AA advert but I'm struggling with the strap line:

"Next generation recovery" or "My dad was a member, - this is me aged 5." - a little help please, there must be better...:confused:

My thanks to the organizing committee too!

Despite my trademark getting separated from the pack, the lanes were great, especially enjoyed Northumberland's, there must be more up there to explore! I felt more at home further up north and no snotty walkers glaring as we dare use a car on road legally. I don't think I'll ever go to the lakes again as a driver, by far the worst anti-car attitudes on display, **** 'em.

Ula's pictures are fantastic, I'll certainly be pinching a few!

Been stuck in a meeting all day desperate to get out and watch this. -Brilliant video, thanks 'Trapper Andy' we need to get you a selfie-stick to complete the filming, editing, and soundtracking skills..

Sean's sorted the Kangoo out with another handmade fix -

I thought the set of tracks and scenery were maybe good enough to do it again in future but next time East to West..?

The video's done, I hope you all enjoy it...

- I enjoyed it hugely. And wanted to mention the trippy inverted colours through the forest section.
On the day the sun had just become hot enough to turn water on the ground to vapour where it hit, but not in the sun shaded areas.

So we drove through bursts of misty then clear air that were quite surreal, nicely picked up in the film.(y)

Thanks for the kind input guys.

Andy - Great idea, another coast to coast is now required anyway but I think the route was fantastic in all honesty. I'll have a look and see if there's anything around the East coast that we could investigate to start with.
I trust you saw the moment Kangoo's plate removed itself and then surfaced momentarily before plunging to the murky depths of the ford? If only we'd done instant playback on site we may have found it - the replacement seems legit though.

I think Slaley was my favourite section of all, the muddy moor top section after was fantastic, loads of decent ruts and bog holes to get muddy. The mist was also mad as we were driving through, it seemed like another world up there.

I enjoy making these videos and I especially like having them there to parallel the action captured in the fantastic photos taken by our legendary Photographer Ula, it's all about the memories and reminding us of how much fun it is - as well as encouragement for other members to come and join in (Chris blu73 I feel you are getting sucked in by the force!!). The soundtrack is predetermined by what's on the stereo at the time pretty much; it creates the mood! (I am sad, I know!). For those who are interested, available in all good record stores however unlikely to be on the same CD...

Above & Beyond presents Oceanlab - If I Could Fly
Sunnylax - Isla Margarita
Bonobo - Transmission '94 (Part 1)
Netsky - Rio

Can't wait for the next outing in June and really looking forward to testing out the new one when it's ready :)

Back