General The 500C abarth is here!!!..(maxi):-)

Currently reading:
General The 500C abarth is here!!!..(maxi):-)

Those white petal wheels are AWESOME.

I love the colours on that A500C too! I'm not so sure about the colour difference between the Punto Evo rear bumper and the boot though!

Those white petal wheels are AWESOME.

I love the colours on that A500C too! I'm not so sure about the colour difference between the Punto Evo rear bumper and the boot though!
Just goes to show different tastes :D For me the wheels are one of the worst bits for me!

I love odd looking wheels though. I still want some chrome euro style wheels on my car.

Failing that, some Ronal Turbos with body coloured centers. :p Seeing those petal style ones in white makes me want to get some resprayed like that though.

I love odd looking wheels though. I still want some chrome euro style wheels on my car.

Failing that, some Ronal Turbos with body coloured centers. :p Seeing those petal style ones in white makes me want to get some resprayed like that though.
At the risk of going OT I'm a bit of a wheel whore too. Got myself a 6 month IT temp job today so the Speedline 2109's I bought for my wife will be going off for a refurb soon :woot: I almost bought a silver set for the 500 the other day even though i've already got 2 sets of wheels for the 500 and some would argue that's 1 set too many! Perhaps I can have winter wheels, summer wheels and autumn/spring wheels? :chin:

Most of the new hot hatch have dsg like the new polo gti new seat ibez skoda vrs.

Guarenteed they won't be half as refined and probably 10 times slower at changing gear.....but hey, it's Fiat's first attempt at making this work on a quickish car :eek:
No, what I'm saying is that the DDCT boxes have the potential to be better than the DSG boxes.

Part of VAG too. Havent you noticed those very Audi like saloons they make? ;)

I mis-read the original post, as they were mentioning DSG equipped VAG warm supermini's I was hoping they had finally bought out a New Fabia VRs at Geneva. But I suspect in a random moment they were refering to the Octavia?

I had the DSG GTi and it was a great box but lead to a bit of a souless drive in comparision to a manual. I would have it or something comprable in a cruising car any day of the week, just not in my 500.

I mis-read the original post, as they were mentioning DSG equipped VAG warm supermini's I was hoping they had finally bought out a New Fabia VRs at Geneva. But I suspect in a random moment they were refering to the Octavia?

I had the DSG GTi and it was a great box but lead to a bit of a souless drive in comparision to a manual. I would have it or something comprable in a cruising car any day of the week, just not in my 500.
I agree with you. People don't seem to make a distinction between different sorts of cars like a GT, a supercar, a hot hatch etc etc. I can never for instance see the point of an auto box in a supermini myself.

Also some of them have too many gears and hunt a fair bit, for an auto give me a three speed and a 60's V8 for the perfect match: starting off gear, moving gear, moving much faster gear. All you need :)

I've had a change of mind over this car. Thought it looked OK in the two tone grey renderings, but it's not looking good in the pics from Geneva. The wheels are so 80s. An earlier rendering of the Abarth 500c just had the pillars in black which worked really well, but it now reminds me of a pedal car.

Also some of them have too many gears and hunt a fair bit, for an auto give me a three speed and a 60's V8 for the perfect match: starting off gear, moving gear, moving much faster gear. All you need :)
My 504 had 3 speed auto and it matched the character of the car perfectly. People seem to find more gears impressive for some reason as well. IMHO a 5 speed box is more than adequate for most cars unless you've got a particularly peaky/high revving NA engine.

looks horrid...also, where are the vaunted paddle shifts? hope fiat arent gonna cobble those in at the last minute.

will probably end up with a gearchange like the smart, which will cripple the car. i mean lets face it, this aint gonna be no tiptronic changer is it! :)

I returned from Geneva last night at the Motor Show. I sat in the Abarth 500C and I confirm there were paddle shift paddles behind the steering wheel.

I will be posting pictures in due course.

Last edited:
I've had a change of mind over this car. Thought it looked OK in the two tone grey renderings, but it's not looking good in the pics from Geneva. The wheels are so 80s. An earlier rendering of the Abarth 500c just had the pillars in black which worked really well, but it now reminds me of a pedal car.
That's kind of my objection to it. It doesn't look like a serious car to me. It looks more what happens to Porsche's when some silly tuning company gets a perfectly decent looking Porsche and adds silly bits to it and ruins a cohesive design.

there IS a new fabia vRS.....!

1.4 TSI 178bhp...no more PDI 1.9 tho.....

it was launched in geneva...check out any car mag website...

Back