General the 50 quid banger

Currently reading:
General the 50 quid banger

Yeah ok fair point about letting people learn from there mistakes but i wonder if you'll be saying the same thing a few years down the line when one of these cretins in their hapless boy racered up sheds mows you down cause they were fecking about with something they had no idea about? Isn't it about time some one sorted out some guidelines of what people can and can't do to their cars?

Parenting skills? You're having a laugh i'm only 29 and if i have the misfortune to have a son one day who leaves some heap of ****e on the drive like that red punto i'll happily give him a slap and teach him the error of his ways.

I wasn't bigging myself up i was merely responding to 01goddak questions about my knowledge.

This heap of crap has actually legally been allowed to drive round on our roads apparently completely safe (with it's space saver tire and tinted indicators) right up until this month when it's mot ran out. Does having an mot make it safe? Does it ****.

Why dont you just keep your thoughts to your self. He never said he was an expert it was a project and a not exactly with a high loss about 100 quid as far as i can work out. You've basically just come along and ruined a thread just because you wanted to make your self look good with your tipo and bike. I hope no kid as you as a father someone who shoots down anything you think is crap regardless of their aspirations and ideas.

thats was it was a cheap project to practise and learn stuff on for example i finshed the boot it looked good and that was a first attemp the windows i tinted my self first attempt they came out good you learn from experience please jujst honestly tell me you've never struggled been unsure or messed something up .. surely a pro like you has never made a mistake or needed to learn anything

Why dont you just keep your thoughts to your self. He never said he was an expert it was a project and a not exactly with a high loss about 100 quid as far as i can work out. You've basically just come along and ruined a thread just because you wanted to make your self look good with your tipo and bike. I hope no kid as you as a father someone who shoots down anything you think is crap regardless of their aspirations and ideas.

Oh come of it you gotta admit it's pretty funny that for weeks 01goddak has gone on about all this stuff he's gonna do to his pimped up punto then he gives up and scraps it! Did no one else see that coming? Not sure he ever actually told us why it failed on the mot? or did i miss that?

Ok well done for having the balls to have a go 01goddak i'll happily give you credit for that, sorry if i came across as rude. Maybe i didn't take into account the age diference and diferent tastes of myself and others. Whatever you get next good luck with it.

i did tell you what it failed on try reading teh thread rather than jumping in a beeing a "pro"and i also explained that i have no knowledge of mechanics .. yeah i can do basic stuff i can even do a head gasket now.. but i wasnt prepared to spend money on getting the car good as after all it wasnt worth it .. the stuff that needed doing was beyond my level and i not onluy dont have the funding to pay for a grage it would have been a waste of money .. the point of the car was to learn todo stuff myself as the last punto i had was stolen and i spent loadsa money with garages getting the work i wanted done . done. im sad to see the car go but i never expected to get it perfect! however i would have liked to get it looking good enough to sell atleast.. but hey, you learn from mistakes. another critical factor in it removal was my landlord and tenancy agreement which allows me to have a maximum of three cars in the carpark at any one time so naturally i have to get rid of some! yes you are older than me .. but dont think because im young that im gunna be "pimp my ride" stylin my car, thats very stereo typical, and almost offensive to anyone my age! difference in taste, opinion and age are irrelevant! of course everyone is into different things but that does not mean that you should not try to help/encourage someone bcause you think its a bad idea! id please ask you in future not to say anything if you have nothing nice to say. im sure that if you attemoted a project peole would support you .. looking back there was a corsa project posted on here a while ago .. (on a fiat forum) but whilst it was not to everyones taste we supported it as we know its not about the car, but about the work that is done and the things we learn.. life is a BIG learning curve, and we learn from experience

moving on.....

back onto the project side of things, thats what the thread is for....

i think you should deffo get something with 3 doors and not go for the body racer look, go for a smooth low and fast car.

if you do stick with a punto slam it like 80-100mm and get some nice rims and all smooth black or white with a smooth body kit not a big huge fibreglass chunk!!

yea im thinking white .. they can look real tidy! defo 3 door again much tidyer... but i was thinking to keep the standrad bumpers (the boring black ones)nad od one of two things wet and dry them to make them real smoth and then spray white to match car (gives the standard look with a little hint of niceness) or keep them slightly boblyey and get them real black . like off the showroom and just smoth the car off then keep it real clean and standrad looking but badgeless and clean maybe chcuk on sideskirts .. go real minimalist

yea im thinking white .. they can look real tidy! defo 3 door again much tidyer... but i was thinking to keep the standrad bumpers (the boring black ones)nad od one of two things wet and dry them to make them real smoth and then spray white to match car (gives the standard look with a little hint of niceness) or keep them slightly boblyey and get them real black . like off the showroom and just smoth the car off then keep it real clean and standrad looking but badgeless and clean maybe chcuk on sideskirts .. go real minimalist

Thats what i did a few years ago just lowered cc bumpers and side skirts of a sporting.
9.jpg

Thats what i did a few years ago just lowered cc bumpers and side skirts of a sporting.
9.jpg

Are those bumpers the original standard black ones painted white? If so, how much prep is involved as they look pretty good. Wouldn't mind similar on my white 60S. Like the CC'd wing mirrors as well.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I Crashed the blue 5 door tonite i now have no car !

Bad Luck mate strip it down and try and find a large electromagnet! There must be one in it somewhere for two crashes in a short space of time!
Also did the bonnet and wing survive or was it the traditional punto driving into the back of something else crash?

in hind sight it would of made sense for you to of got the first one checked out so that it's mechanically/structurally sound before putting significant amounts of time/money into it. obviously some cars are at the price they are for a reason. ;) though if you're careful and lucky you could get a true bargain.

i check teh car under the smashed wing ect before i brough it and it was amazingly un harmed !!! .. this time is F'ed check my other post for the details on the accident thread name is "just ordered"

Back