General Punto Mk2b 1.3 MJ: vibration around the radio/vent area

Currently reading:
General Punto Mk2b 1.3 MJ: vibration around the radio/vent area

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

peppefender

Hi guys!

I have a 2007 Punto MJ, I made 310000 km with it! I live near Napoli, in Italy.

My car always had this horrible vibration that now I would like to remove. You can clearly hear in this clip I made

I disassembled all the radio/vent area to change light bulbs near the a/c and I went out with the car to check if the vibration was louder with everything disassembled!
I've discovered that the vibration comes from the vent hole. Changing the orientation of the air position knob (that moves the panel inside the vent hole), the vibration change in its "sound", so maybe it's something inside that hole or maybe coming from the engine and being amplificated into that cavity.

Anyone has a similar issue?

BTW sorry for my English! ;-)

Thanks in advance for the reply!

Hi guys!

I have a 2007 Punto MJ, I made 310000 km with it! I live near Napoli, in Italy.

My car always had this horrible vibration that now I would like to remove. You can clearly hear in this clip I made

I disassembled all the radio/vent area to change light bulbs near the a/c and I went out with the car to check if the vibration was louder with everything disassembled!
I've discovered that the vibration comes from the vent hole. Changing the orientation of the air position knob (that moves the panel inside the vent hole), the vibration change in its "sound", so maybe it's something inside that hole or maybe coming from the engine and being amplificated into that cavity.

Anyone has a similar issue?

BTW sorry for my English! ;-)

Thanks in advance for the reply!

I suppose that comes originally from the engine? what happens when you change gear and the engine vibration changes?

I suppose that comes originally from the engine? what happens when you change gear and the engine vibration changes?
Thanks for the reply!

The vibration is there always around 1000-1200 rpm, no matter what gear I'm using. Moreover, sometimes I can ear the vibration even if the aspjalt is not homogeneous, no matter what gear I'm using or at what rpm the engine is. So I suspect that there is something loose in the hot air radiator area, but I can't reach it by hands to inspect the area.

Thanks for the reply!

The vibration is there always around 1000-1200 rpm, no matter what gear I'm using. Moreover, sometimes I can ear the vibration even if the aspjalt is not homogeneous, no matter what gear I'm using or at what rpm the engine is. So I suspect that there is something loose in the hot air radiator area, but I can't reach it by hands to inspect the area.
could it be something to do with your engine mounts going hard? It is very hot in Italy in the summer.

I am referring to the rubber engine mounts which go hard with age. I was supposing they were more likely to get hard in a hot climate.

The rubber mounts should isolate the interior of the car from vibration but over the years they no longer do the job they began doing
Ok, I will check it. I've found a couple of infos about these rubber engine mounts and it seems that it's not easy to swap it.

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back