Off Topic That's Mine gone too I hope!!!

Currently reading:
Off Topic That's Mine gone too I hope!!!

Muppet1

Springer Mad!!
Well that's my old bus gone to a better home I hope, Will miss her but she had to go as i just didn't want to spend any more money on the car.

Now what to replace it with i dont know, Depends on what's about and what I can finance.
Wont be another fiat I'm guessing though as they dont make a estate!!!!

Thanks for all your help over the years though.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm neither float my boat.

I'm liking dare I say it a Citroen Berlingo Multispace XTR 1.6hdi.

And ofcourse the xtr means the 3 separate rear seats come out nice and easy and the other reason is I can get the barjo dog guards fairly cheaply too and I think the boot will be more washable than a carpet covered boot.

Having been looking at cars and estates for a couple of weeks the Berlingo seems to tick most of the box's for me and the pooches.
The other one might have been the new shape Doblo but haven't really looked at them.

Well about £3000 in price for starters, And to be quite honest I think the doblo looks much much nicer as a van than a car.
I just like the look and feel of the Berlingo too more than the Doblo.

im in the same boat, im chewing over the volvo v70 or v50, not sure yet, i love the style on the v50 but the size maybe just under what we need.
my jtd is staying and the petrol will be leaving us soon, but saying that ive been thinking of getting rid of the petrol mw for the last couple of years...
good luck with your new purchase.
the croma is yuck!! i think that is just so ugly!!, the doblo is a nice car but more of a van than a car even though they do shift ok.

Last edited:
Yes I like the volvo's too but having had a drive of the Berlingo Xtr I am looking very very hard at one now.
Fiat I think have dropped a clanger at not having an estate car.

And as you say the Doblo suits being a van much better than the car.

I don't want a big car, I want an ESTATE car!!!!

then get a 159 or wait for Giulia. Or look for an old Croma (another 'failed' car from the Fiat range)

I read an interview with Sergio Marchionne who stated, if you want a small car buy a fiat, if you want a bigger/family car buy an Alfa, if you want a premium/exec car buy a Maserati and if you want a sports/supercar buy a Ferrari.

With this in mind I wouldnt expect Fiat to ship anything bigger than a Bravo or even the new Viaggio if they even release it in this country.

With this in mind I wouldnt expect Fiat to ship anything bigger than a Bravo or even the new Viaggio if they even release it in this country.

I didn't know about this Viaggio, having just googled it I quite like it, although it looks odd having a big car with a Fiat badge stapled onto the front. I might finally be able to convince my Dad to buy a Fiat if this comes to the UK.
(He likes big saloons, small man syndrome or something...)

Multipla :yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck: I just couldn't.

Now thats nice, That i do like the Viaggio, I think it would look stunning as an estate too.

I didn't know about this Viaggio, having just googled it I quite like it, although it looks odd having a big car with a Fiat badge stapled onto the front. I might finally be able to convince my Dad to buy a Fiat if this comes to the UK.
(He likes big saloons, small man syndrome or something...)

Yea, but its really a Dodge Dart rebadged :)

replacement for my stilo (pending test drive) will possibly be a saab 9-5 estate as i think it's got the same engine as my stilo jtd. same sort of size bit more refined and i quite fancy the auto version but i'd have to test drive it and find out what the mpg is.

there's no such thing as a true fiat or any other model car any more there all owned by a handful of large companies and the car names we buy are just a brand name. who'd have thought that my stilo would share parts with an astra and a saab.

Last edited:
Well it's now official, I will be the proud owner of this on the 11th sept.

This has to be one of the best forum's around and I know I haven't found a good Citroen one yet. I will pop in and out now and again though.

Attachments

• silver berlingo.jpg
    silver berlingo.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 19
Back