Technical First light shine too low

Currently reading:
Technical First light shine too low

klofutaric

Hi,

My first right light shine too low and I have to raise it. How can I do that. There are two white PVC bolts. Should I do this screwing up this bolts. I'm afraid that I could break them.

Thanks, Klo

Hi,

My first right light shine too low and I have to raise it. How can I do that. There are two white PVC bolts. Should I do this screwing up this bolts. I'm afraid that I could break them.

Thanks, Klo
First check bulb is fitted correctly

The white screws control the up/down and left/right. I can't remember which is which but if you look at the silver reflector behind the bulb as you turn the screw, you should see what it moves.

On old cars the screws are made of plastic and can become brittle and break when you try to turn them, so put some WD40 or other release spray on the threads if they feel tight to turn. But the 500X is pretty new, so you shouldn't have problems and the screws are nylon, which lasts years.

I would be curiouse to know why the light position moved in the first place. Was it always "low" since you owned the car, or has it moved all of a sudden? There could be another problem.

Ralf S.

Hi,

Thanks, Klo
Hi, first check the bulb is fitted correctly, if it's not 'seated' correctly the aim will be off.
Headlamp beams don't just start aiming high or low for no reason, the headlamp having a collision with something or the bulb incorrectly installed are the two main reasons

Back