Tesco

Currently reading:
Tesco

This is why working in a supermarket is good. 10% off everything...don't mind if i do...

There are obvious downsides however...crap pay, long, boring, terrible days, horrid shifts, dealing with the public...

Its not just Tesco that have increased prices, I bet ASDA have put theirs up for their own brand stuff.

At the end of the day, its a business, they are there to make money...whats the point of having a business and not making any money?

asda did do 5 mug shots for £2 now you only get 4

they did do small melons for £1 then 2 for £2.50 now they 2 for £3 and you end up with less melon than a big one for £2.45 and they don't taste as nice as the big ones. their special offers on frozen food are never as good as tesco or sainsburys either
but asda nectarines, grapes and bananas are better.

This is why working in a supermarket is good. 10% off everything...don't mind if i do...

There are obvious downsides however...crap pay, long, boring, terrible days, horrid shifts, dealing with the public...

I was under the impression that they offer great pay, especially for supervisors/store managers.

Do final salary pensions as well.

I was under the impression that they offer great pay, especially for supervisors/store managers.

I get £7 a hour at Tesco, not bad for what I do. Got pay rises the last 3 years as well.

Team leaders are on around £17k, and managers are on around £25k I believe.

TESCO have been very aggresive, blocked a lot of moves from other supermarkets to open stores

But they have not stopped Asda buying out NETTO's. Asda does not need to build store when they have a smaller store network setup for them. In the north east there is gonna be over 30 new Asda supermarkets.

So they will be giving Tesco a run for their money, not that it makes any difference to me I shop at Sainsbury's. (y)

Not gonna ask you what supermarket you work for, but i also get 10%.
They messing you around with your hours too? I'm back down to 20 contract, been waiting about 2 years for a full time contract.

Just got my renewal through for my Vectra C from Tesco, £318 :( but went back to their website and got a new quote £214 fully comp, protected, happy days :D No complaints about Tesco from me, sorry :eek:

Take.Everying.Scumbag.Conning.(O)Gits

From this day forth, I will no longer be setting foot in such a giant b*stard of a company's store.

They claim they've reduced prices, on over 3000 products, at the same time they announce they're reducing reward points on their clubcard. The fools who believe they're cheap, convenient and 'there to help' need shot.

I cannot believe how expensive this shop has become. Good luck trying to find cereal for under £2! Shell fuel is the same price as theirs!

'Oh, but you can buy stuff with your points!'

Yes, if you take would save from shopping at ASDA or even Lidl/Aldi, you'd be saving WAY more than a ticket at Alton Towers or something stupid like that.

EVERYTHING they sell (eletricals/clothing/FOOD) is massively overpriced, and massively lacking in quality. You can go to Sainsburys for the same price as a TESCO shop and get far superior products.

Whilst it may be my local supermarket, I'd rather put my money in to my local corner shops, and one of the other supermarkets.

Follow in my footsteps, people of Britain, or face the dire consequences of letting this monster have an even larger monolopy of the food retail sector than it already does.

Completely agree. I only shop in Sainsburys now because their offers are generally fairly decent and their stuff is generally of a good quality too. Tesco stuff seems very patchy in terms of quality and you'd think they'd be cheap, but they're not.

Quite like cold meats and stuff from Aldi though :)

i've always said tesco are more expensive than asdsa, i'm sure asda have won cheapest supermarket for like 15 years straight?

sometimes it depends which one you have local V worth traveling further to another supermarket.

it depends what you are buying, cheapest supermarket isn't worked out by every product just a selection

Well I'm on £6.26 an hour at Morisons, which isn't bad for someone of my age, but it's still pretty poor for someone over 21. Supervisors are screwed over IMO, a "shift" supervisor, who does as much as a dept. manager in some cases only get around 50p more an hour. Not sure about dept. manager wages, but not hugely great I don't think. Tesco is much better for wages.

I use a combo of Iceland, home bargains and Asda and I've halved my shopping bill and haven't sacrificed anything!

I used to be a Tesco whore but not now! I've got £100 clubcard points saved ready for Xmas and that's the last time I'm going in.

Iceland for the win!

Back