Tesco

Currently reading:
Tesco

Magic Johnson

1.4 16v Nissan Note Visia
Take.Everying.Scumbag.Conning.(O)Gits

From this day forth, I will no longer be setting foot in such a giant b*stard of a company's store.

They claim they've reduced prices, on over 3000 products, at the same time they announce they're reducing reward points on their clubcard. The fools who believe they're cheap, convenient and 'there to help' need shot.

I cannot believe how expensive this shop has become. Good luck trying to find cereal for under £2! Shell fuel is the same price as theirs!

'Oh, but you can buy stuff with your points!'

Yes, if you take would save from shopping at ASDA or even Lidl/Aldi, you'd be saving WAY more than a ticket at Alton Towers or something stupid like that.

EVERYTHING they sell (eletricals/clothing/FOOD) is massively overpriced, and massively lacking in quality. You can go to Sainsburys for the same price as a TESCO shop and get far superior products.

Whilst it may be my local supermarket, I'd rather put my money in to my local corner shops, and one of the other supermarkets.

Follow in my footsteps, people of Britain, or face the dire consequences of letting this monster have an even larger monolopy of the food retail sector than it already does.

LOL, Asda are better. Reward schemes are expensive to run and you are not really getting anything 'free' because you already paid for it when you shopped.

Sainsburys are pretty good too, the one near me is small and I use it as a local shop rather than my main supermarket but they are forever giving me coupons for £3 off when I spend £30, last year I had 3 coupons that were all £10 off when you spend £70 in the lead up to Christmas, even the cashiers were surprised when I presented them. I also like that you can get your rewards off your shopping there and then.

Tesco have also become tight with the reduced stuff, it used to be half price or less and I would fill up my freezer, now its a few pennies off and if it was part of a multibuy its often no cheaper at all.

Lidl Aldi and Netto are ok to have a look around but I can never get everything I need from any of them and always end up having to go to a proper supermarket on the way home. The Netto near me is now an Asda local, so not even sure if they are still around. I never went there because they had a pay and display car park which I resent.

Tesco have also become tight with the reduced stuff, it used to be half price or less and I would fill up my freezer, now its a few pennies off and if it was part of a multibuy its often no cheaper at all.

25% off in the morning, around 8am. 50% off at around 5pm and 75%+ off at around 8pm to get rid of it all. Best deals are at night :p.

We had a thing come round at work, they are changing the points because more people would rather save money now, than when the vouchers come though.

I prefer Tesco to Asda/Sainsburys, Asda is run by knobs, and Sainsburys is full of old people. Plus I get 10% off.

discovery jar of sauce was £1.53 now its £1.80 odd, but has lower price sign on it.

you have to use all the supermarkets for different stuff to get the best deal, not aldi or lidl though as their food taste naff

Yes the cleaning products are useless too and the toiletries.

Im going out on a whim here but i think Tesco are making changes because they have made all of the companies who do the deals go bust. Everything had to be a loss leader for the supplier but profit for Tesco. Now everybody in every retail does the same you will notice an increase of price, reduction of brand names and possible rise in quality. (y)

100% correct.

Everyone needs to boycott them and make some other supermarket the king, then they can increase prises, reduce value and rip everyone off.

Oh, wait...

But that's exactly how it works, and what will happen. Still, screw TESCO.

EDIT: I was actually just about to buy a leather sofa from them, because they were cheaper than the actual sofa shops. Lol.

Oddly I just started shopping at ASDA last night as I find this 'price reduction' thing of Tesco's a total scam. It will take me abit of time to adjust to the layout of ASDA and the products they have but I can live with that as long as Im saving a lilttle bit of money. Only thing is my local one is Europe's largest ASDA and it takes me ages to get around it. By the time I got out of it last night I needed another shave! :D

To be fair, even though I use Ocado - top end I would presume, with the Waitrose links - I tend to support my local Budgens PLUS I buy quite a fair bit wholesale from my local Booker cash and carry.

Oh, and I tend to eat out most nights at my local - who needs to do a food shop eh :D

I like Aldi but not so fussed with Lidl. We dont have a Netto. The big snag for me is getting gluten free foods as I'm very intoleramt of the stuff. Most Aldi processed food isnt GF and the others take the P on prices. Sainsbury have the best range.

I go to to tesco because its the closest if asda was the closest i would go there:rolleyes: people go over the bloody top you are only talking about a few pennys difference:bang:

Have you ever done a weekly shop before? I think you'll find it's quite a substantial amount, rather than the 'few pennies' you claim it is.

My last one at TESCO, there were only one or two items under a pound.

Perfect example:

TESCO own diet coke used to be 38p

TESCO own diet coke is now 79p

A few pennies indeed. It all adds up you know, if you're buying a lot of items you could save yourself a fortune at the right place.

you only way you will really save is to go to them all, if some thing you normally buy and will not go off is on bogof then stock up, if its not some thing you normally buy and can not use it to replace some thing you do buy then don't buy it.

if you can do it with out it costing more in fuel its also better to go every day or every 2 days rather than monthly or weekly, as prices change very often

Have you ever done a weekly shop before? I think you'll find it's quite a substantial amount, rather than the 'few pennies' you claim it is.

My last one at TESCO, there were only one or two items under a pound.

Perfect example:

TESCO own diet coke used to be 38p

TESCO own diet coke is now 79p

A few pennies indeed. It all adds up you know, if you're buying a lot of items you could save yourself a fortune at the right place.

Its not just Tesco that have increased prices, I bet ASDA have put theirs up for their own brand stuff.

At the end of the day, its a business, they are there to make money...whats the point of having a business and not making any money?

No, the problem is one company has a monolopy, then there's a lack of competition, and then you see ridiculous price increases a.l.a Sky.

TESCO have been very aggresive, blocked a lot of moves from other supermarkets to open stores etc Now they have a monolopy and now we are seeing food, not clothes or other materials, FOOD being overpriced through the roof.

Back