Tesco Horse Burgers

Currently reading:
Tesco Horse Burgers

Why do findus put lots of cheese in their lasagne?

To mascarpone !

000.jpg

As others have said, horse is widely eaten on the continent. It's all equestrian of taste, really.

Seriously, though, I ate some while living in France on my Erasmus term abroad. As a casserole meat it was very stringy and chewy. Needs to be slow cooked or really minced beyond recognition (as in a Findus frozen meal). Not much to write home about.

My eldest is doing a farming course at college, he also loves shooting. He's managed to find a way to combine the two to help his coursework. He often brings home pigeon, rabbit, squirrel, pheasant etc.
if I can sort it out & get it in the pan before SWMBO comes home & realises what's going on, we enjoy a beautiful casserole (sometimes mixed meat).
Otherwise "I'm not eating that poor fluffy bunny...:yuck:".

Jeez, go over the pond & they all think 'if I can't f**k it, I'll eat it' (mind you, I bet some of them manage to do both :D)

Not exactly surprised. Tesco has very poor reputation here. I only remember two or three scandals (mechanically separated meat present, but not mentioned on the label, ketchup containing whole 3% of tomato purée etc.). I do not shop there anymore.

Confirmed presence of horse meat in supposedly beef lasagna was announced today in CZ. Guess the shop?
Tick, tick, tick...
Whoever guessed Tesco wins a free 100% beef Tescoburger :D

Back