General Temporarily Disable Sei SX

Currently reading:
General Temporarily Disable Sei SX

allgood

Make way for Nanna!
Hey,

Im going to America soon and will be leaving the car on the front drive. Obviously i will put the keys in a very safe place but i am wondering what i can do to temporarily disable the car for the 2 weeks i am away.

I know taking the battery out would do it but a battery can be hooked up very quickly if someone wants the car. I will have my fiance checking on the house every couple of days but just wondering what can be done.

Cheers

allgood

Why cant you take it to the fiances house or a friends/family house? Is that not an option?

Last edited:
Being honest about things will anyone really want to pinch it???

I'd go with the ECU removal.

arnt they imobied anyway? so surely just locking it and taking the keys with you would be enough well 1 key with you one with ur fiance

This. If the keys are safe then it's not going to be driven anywhere, unless they bring a spare uncoded ECU (in which case, you having taken the ECU off won't help)

cant be stolen without the correct key anyways, unless towed. and without removing wheels its always subject to towing so i wouldnt bother doing anything tbh.

for your peace of mind, remove a sensor or even unplug the fuel cut off switch under your dash. car wont start without it, fuel wont even prime. then just plug it in when back

Back