Technical Temperature sensor big problem

Currently reading:
Technical Temperature sensor big problem

motomete2004

Hy my car is an bravo 1.9 jtd 105 gt from 1999.I have a problem whith the temperature sensor on the thermostat,a few days ago my fan wont start and the water on the clock was near the red area,i went to a mechanic and he check all the fuses and in the last turn he pull out the jack from the temperature sensor and the fan started to work,so the temperature sensor was broke.I bought a new one put in on the car start the car to heat when the water goes to half the fan starts,but i got a error on the clock's the one whith the injectors,i stop the car and try again to heat up the car but the the water goes again to the red area and the fan wont start????ok i say i go and buy another temperature sensor and put it on car and make same probes a few times and the car was fine,but just for only 2 days and the second temperature sensor crash again i went to the mechanic he unplug the jack from the sensor and the fan started i say what????now the mechanic told me to get an original sensor because the after markt are bad and they dont last and i need some advice is it really the sensors very crappy and need an original sensor or what?

Aftermarket parts can sometimes be poor quality but I would expect them to last longer than 2 days...

The fan shouldn't run when you disconnect the sensor though. The sensor is an on/off switch. With it unplugged the fan wiring is still off. You need to bridge the connections in the plug to turn the fan on.

If your fan is on with the sensor unplugged then it sounds like there is a short in the wiring... Maybe that is killing the sensors...

May be the cause from the batery?because today i change the batery whith a new one the old one was 70A whith 540A to start and when i started the car the start was slow and the engine shake for a couple of seconds and after when the lights was turned on and i turn on the demist buton the engine began to shake.now i put a new batery whith 75A and 680 to start and when i started the car the shakes was gone.old battery may be short circuited?i dont know very much thats why i ask i dont want to change the whole car :p

Back