Technical help needed re. faulty flasher unit in a Fiat Doblo 1.4L petrol 2013.

Currently reading:
Technical help needed re. faulty flasher unit in a Fiat Doblo 1.4L petrol 2013.

johnjg29

Technical help needed relating to faulty flasher unit in a Fiat Doblo 1.4L, Petrol, 2013.

Hi, I have a Fiat Doblo, 1.4 Petrol, Model "mylife" which has malfunctioning right indicators. When I move the indicator arm to the right the indicator will light but will not flash. I then find it hard to get out of the full-on right indicator mode. I have to move the arm to indicate a left turn, that works okay, but the right flasher (RF) is still fully on. When I do manage to get the car moving without the (RF) as soon as I press on the foot brake pedal the (RF) again lights up. There are times, not often, when all seems to work fine. Recently, I now have to remove the fuse governing the Indicators to get the full-on RF off, otherwise, it would drain my battery.
I have replaced the full switch, which includes arm, purchased from a breaker's yard. This hasn't solved the problem either. I have had it tested by a mechanic who says it may be the relay switches. The main Fiat Dealer doesn't wish to look at it, as it has been converted for wheelchair access. that conversion was carried out by a Company fully accredited to meet standards.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions, anyone, in this forum can provide. I am located in

Back