Technical TB On!!

Currently reading:
Technical TB On!!

peaster2k

Established member
I finally got round to putting my 32mm gas flowed TB on yesterday, I was well impressed with the results, I would DEF recommend gas flowing to anyone.

As other people have said it revs so more easiler throughout the rev range, does not sound the engine is struggling for air at high revs like it did with the standard cinq.

A Very happy David :D:D:D:D

Yes you can 'whack one on'. If you want you can optimise it before whacking it on, but you don't have to.

The idea is to let as much air in as possible, so smoothing out the shape of the butterfly and reducing the screw head protrusion will make the effect even better.

Cheers

D

As I'm a lazy git and don't want to start pulling my car apart and poking a vernier down it, what's the dimensions of the throat to the inlet manifold ?
I might be able to sweet talk out machine shop into knocking something up on the 'ol CNC gubbins they have.

I sit here all day surrounded by lathes, mills, CNC, dynamic balacncers and all other kinds of engineering gubbins......and what's the most I've asked them to do ?...........stove enammel a few bits for my Kwaka !

rallycinq said:
Yes you can 'whack one on'. If you want you can optimise it before whacking it on, but you don't have to.

The idea is to let as much air in as possible, so smoothing out the shape of the butterfly and reducing the screw head protrusion will make the effect even better.

Cheers

D

I also filed down the shaft the screws screw into, as well as smooth out the top of the TB with a file and some wet and dry paper.

I have got pictures if anyone wants to see the end results.

David

gaz_wrexham said:
what did you do sie, did you just whack it on??
Yep, works just fine. Once I get some money together, I'll sort myself out a dremmel and mod it(y)

fixitagaintomorrow said:
It's a good mod, really opens up the top end of the rev band.
I've got a 36mm one from a Pug in the post, been a bit brave and bought it as it looked like it might fit - will find out soon I guess!

Pete, if your really after some very good throttle bodies then check out these guys as I'm sure they would have something.

http://www.jenvey.co.uk

I know of a fellow integrale owner who also has a track day prepared Metro GTi running jenvey's and of another with a turbo charged Elise using them too!

Aaron.

J333EVO said:
Pete, if your really after some very good throttle bodies then check out these guys as I'm sure they would have something.

http://www.jenvey.co.uk

I know of a fellow integrale owner who also has a track day prepared Metro GTi running jenvey's and of another with a turbo charged Elise using them too!

Aaron.
oh, I'd love something like that - but the cost would be more than the value of the car! Cheers though :)

Hello

I'm a new guy here.. pardon my english - I'm from Denmark and a member of the Danish Fiat Club (FKD)

I write specially to user peaster2k, who put on a 32 mm TB on his Cinq.

I have also tryed this and was happy with the results, but I needed more power.
I now make the original TB bigger by drilling out the TB op til 40 mm ....

This is the biggest dia for the original TB to match the dia. in the inlet manifold under the TB. The spacer between the TB and the intake manifold is remade in aluminium so the 40 mm dia. is all the way into the intake manifold...

The 40mm TB is nearly 80% (mm2) bigger than the original 30mm TB from Cinq./Sei. - what I'm saying is that the flow througt the TB is 80% better and the effekt wil be about 10% higher.

You can write me on my e-mail if you are interested in one of these 40mm TB's :)

[email protected]

On this pic. you can see the TB i make - the TB's inside dia. is 40 mm, the small throttleplate in the middle of the TB is a 32 mm throttle plate from a Punto 60.

Photo0126.jpg

Again sorry for my bad english... great site you have by the way (y)

Also look at the Danish site for Fiat :)
This is where I come from: www.fiatklubdanmark.dk (the site is under update until thursday)

Back