General Tax disc abolished.

Currently reading:
General Tax disc abolished.

Last year here in Australia our equivalent version -the registration label was abolished - police cars have number plate recognition software in their cars so they'll know if your annual registration has been paid. More free space on the windscreen.

Last year here in Australia our equivalent version -the registration label was abolished - police cars have number plate recognition software in their cars so they'll know if your annual registration has been paid. More free space on the windscreen.

I couldn't understand why it wasn't abolished years ago. All cop cars have been able to call in a number for checking for years. When I first got a car the label was in the form of a waterslide decal - I could never get the damn thing on straight. At least they were easy to remove with a razor-blade but the bits would go down your vents. The peel and stick ones on the other hand left a residue I could only get off with Shellite. Now also cosigned to history...

of course this new system is only as good as the input
heres some thoughts
how many people will get their cars impounded because of errors on system
how many new dvla approved cowboy firms will be given carte blanche to uplift cars
the mid system can be very slow in updating
trade plates wont need the disc either so im going to put a smilie face in mine:D

of course this new system is only as good as the input
heres some thoughts
how many people will get their cars impounded because of errors on system
how many new dvla approved cowboy firms will be given carte blanche to uplift cars
the mid system can be very slow in updating
trade plates wont need the disc either so im going to put a smilie face in mine:D

If anyone tries to lift my car they'll get their legs broken :)

Back