Technical Fiat 500 Rear Pads/Discs

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 Rear Pads/Discs

d4zzl3r

Hi - about 12 months ago i changed the rear pads (discs were ok) on our TA 105. They have the low-wear indicators and i was waiting for the warning to come on, but the squealing got so annoying (and my ear-bashing) that i relented and changed them. So maybe 4000 miles on the 'new' pads and the squealing is back though not as loud or as often.
Question, do cheaper pads squeal? I didn't get them from Fiat. Do more expensive pads not squeal?

Or is it something else?

Thanks in advance.

Hi - about 12 months ago i changed the rear pads (discs were ok) on our TA 105. They have the low-wear indicators and i was waiting for the warning to come on, but the squealing got so annoying (and my ear-bashing) that i relented and changed them. So maybe 4000 miles on the 'new' pads and the squealing is back though not as loud or as often.
Question, do cheaper pads squeal? I didn't get them from Fiat. Do more expensive pads not squeal?

Or is it something else?

Thanks in advance.
I’ve wondered this myself! Mine only squeak on a morning though
Last time I changed my brakes I went for Bosch pads & discs … previously I had mintex and they never made a noise!
Do yours only speak on a morning or is it all day? Did you grease up the back of the pads and mounting grooves?

The rear disc brakes are notorious for spealing and groaning on the Panda 4x4 and I presume you will have a similar set up.

There is a damper kit that replaces one of the caliper bolts that is meant to stop the vibration, not sure if it's suitable for the 500, but I found when I stripped the brakes, cleaned everything and applied brake grease to the slider pins and caliper frames in the right places, they stopped groaning.

My 4x4 wasn't that old when I stripped the brakes, but it was clear they were build pretty much lube free so the calipers weren't really free to slide and the pads get hung up on the frames.

I’ve wondered this myself! Mine only squeak on a morning though
Last time I changed my brakes I went for Bosch pads & discs … previously I had mintex and they never made a noise!
Do yours only speak on a morning or is it all day? Did you grease up the back of the pads and mounting grooves?
Its random, never seems to do it when i drive it but when the wife does, then i get an ear-bashing. Yes, greased when i first fitted them, then again about 1 month ago.

Back