TalkTalk broadband

Currently reading:
TalkTalk broadband

So I've moved in elsewhere, they said they had broadband but it turns out they actually have TalkTalk :p

How much will I be able to use the iPlayer, etc before they start to moan about usage limits? Not something useless like Sky, hopefully? (2GB)

virgin media look very good, i am sorting out works broadband and so far bt business is cheapest.

don't forget to look at line rental.

but a full vm package does look good.
you can just pay extra with sky

6K post's

Last edited:
It's not my service to change over. Though I may sneakily change their AP to WPA2 and update their laptop and printer... it's set to WEP at the moment, and with the default admin user/pass too *facepalm*

No idea, best to check their website but packages may have changed. I've just changed from Sky to BE, getting activated on the 3rd/4th - happy days :D

If your in a BE LLU exchange I can give you some handy hints on the Netgear DG834 v3,4,5 to tweak the hell out of your connection :devil: :slayer:.

I had 4.5mb when I joined I'm now touching 7mb :eek:

As for talk talk you don't know until you know what package. They do a 2gb upto unlimited IIRC.

Last edited:
If your in a BE LLU exchange I can give you some handy hints on the Netgear DG834 v3,4,5 to tweak the hell out of your connection :devil: :slayer:.

I had 4.5mb when I joined I'm now touching 7mb :eek:

:confused: I got 6.5mb on the regular ADSL line back home, are you 300 miles from the exchange?

Last edited:
No pissheads or druggies where I was (or here, so far), but also only .2 of a mile from the exchange :D

Shame it only supports up to 6.5mb.

Had a bit of a dig, it seems TT are either 40GB or "unlimited" depending on which package. Doubt I'll hit that, seen as the speed is up and down all the time I can't stream BBC HD :rolleyes:

Last edited:
1498713152.png

I was getting nine times that the other day :bang:

Last edited:
If your in a BE LLU exchange I can give you some handy hints on the Netgear DG834 v3,4,5 to tweak the hell out of your connection :devil: :slayer:

They sent me their own 'BE Box' which looks like some generic Thompson POS, I'm fancying the Netgear DGN2200 as a replacement though ... next year, when I have spare pennies ;)

Back