General Taking the battery out of my MK1

Currently reading:
General Taking the battery out of my MK1

cookie9995

Right i have a Punto S60 and the battery needs charging, but i have heard that there is a certain order to taking the battery out, is this true ???

Remove the Battery: Neg first then the Pos.

Fitting the battery: Pos then Neg.

Got your radio code?

I did not have mine and the code was not needed, all worked when i refitted the battery.

Thanks i have just tried to take it out but the bolt holding the battery in place is stuck and i can't undo it, also when i took the cables off the battery there seems to be some liquid on poles is this normal (i don't know anything about cars lol)

Is there really a certain way to disconnect battery as i just disconnected opposite to that and no problems. Is this bad for battery or car.

Thanks i have just tried to take it out but the bolt holding the battery in place is stuck and i can't undo it, also when i took the cables off the battery there seems to be some liquid on poles is this normal (i don't know anything about cars lol)
Bit of WD40, a good spanner (10 I think...can't remember!), and it should come off...just don't round it! As for the liquid on the poles it's probably just water nothing to worry about (unless there's a hole near the pole (y))

Just put it on charge and it seems to be charging well, is it true that u have to keep the distilled water in it topped up ??

Why are you asking. Have you put your battery back in the wrong order?

I didn't put the battery back in the car but i was told that it was put in neg first then pos, now the car won't start it sounds like it is about 2 then just dies again

ye all of the symbols light up before i start the engine but when i try to start it, they dim and then go off

ye the battery is connected right, if it is fully charged the car seems want to turn over but then just cuts out, any tips on how to start it ?

Take the battery out again.
Do it as posted.
Charge the battery for say 4hr
Put it in again as posted.

ive done that, but the engine still won't start, it sounds like its about to for the first couple of times and then nothing, and when i check the battery its dead again

Back