Technical T-Jet Fault Codes?? Can anyone shed light?

Currently reading:
Technical T-Jet Fault Codes?? Can anyone shed light?

Hello, was just driving my t-jet along and the engine light came on, so i've flashed the codes up in torque can anyone shed light?
Is this a lambda sensor playing up?
1387149591974.jpg

Cheers in advance.

id suspect lamdba sensor, although i could be wrong, measure it for resistance and see if its ok?

Thats the next plan of action, just it was late when it came on so i cleared the codes but havent had chance to drive the car again yet.

Thanks for your advice and I shall report back!
Any idea what the resistance should be?!?

Thats the next plan of action, just it was late when it came on so i cleared the codes but havent had chance to drive the car again yet.

Thanks for your advice and I shall report back!
Any idea what the resistance should be?!?

just looked on autodata, unfortunatly i do have an out dated version so im going on the mk2 punto,

should be 4-11 ohms, again this could be different so please please please come on here with the actual result, dont want to make u change something that doesnt need changing

just looked on autodata, unfortunatly i do have an out dated version so im going on the mk2 punto,

should be 4-11 ohms, again this could be different so please please please come on here with the actual result, dont want to make u change something that doesnt need changing

I will report back what it is! I shall not be replacing blind as its an expensive sensor!!
I think there is 2 lambdas as well?

Got this, this morning on my 10 minute drive to work...
1387173132605.jpg

I dont really understand the bank/sensor thing, i thought it meant how many sensors you have?

Both lambdas are the same, so the readings should be the same.
As there is only one catalytic converter, there is only one "bank" of sensors. A "V" engine will have two banks, or possibly four if there are two catalysts on each side. So the reference to bank 4 is not relevant to your car.

Sensor 1 is the first one, pre-cat, sensor 2 is post-cat. The earlier faults suggest that the post-cat sensor is dying, as its heater circuit is not heating the sensor as it should.

If they come out easily, you could swap them over for a brief run, the fault should move to sensor 1. Don't leave it like that though. A dead sensor 1 will cause the ECU to use default values, dampening performance, sensor 2 just confirms that the cat is working as it should, so engine should continue ok.

Time for a new sensor.

Both lambdas are the same, so the readings should be the same.
As there is only one catalytic converter, there is only one "bank" of sensors. A "V" engine will have two banks, or possibly four if there are two catalysts on each side. So the reference to bank 4 is not relevant to your car.

Sensor 1 is the first one, pre-cat, sensor 2 is post-cat. The earlier faults suggest that the post-cat sensor is dying, as its heater circuit is not heating the sensor as it should.

If they come out easily, you could swap them over for a brief run, the fault should move to sensor 1. Don't leave it like that though. A dead sensor 1 will cause the ECU to use default values, dampening performance, sensor 2 just confirms that the cat is working as it should, so engine should continue ok.

Time for a new sensor.

I cleared the faults and p1141 has come back.
So definitely sensor at fault, i have it booked into a local garage tomorrow just to make sure! I shall give them this info though.

Thank you!

I cleared the faults and p1141 has come back.
So definitely sensor at fault...

This doesn't confirm 100% it's a sensor fault- could be corrosion/bad connection in the sensor connector causing the readings to appear incorrect.

First thing I'd check, besides visually checking the terminals and the resistance across the heater on the sensor (two white wires), is that there's a 12v supply and good earth from the ECU across those terminals also. ;)

Cheers for all your advice lads, i dont have the equipment to test resistance/voltage etc etc etc.
As i said the car is going into the garage tomorrow, i can replace a sensor myself, easily, but they are going to diagnose exactly what is causing the problem.

Right, they've said that the heater circuit is lazy, they said to stick a new sensor in and see how that goes because it might be a wiring issue?

Hope its not a wiring issue cus thats gonna be a pita!

Ordered a new one, picking it up tomorrow, did a bit of shopping around and managed to get a bosch one for £97.
However, nowhere lists the post cat sensor for my engine, so i had to get the genuine part number.
Fiat wanted £170 as well!!!!!!

What app did you use on the phone? Torque? Get a hold of Fiat Multiscan if you can :)

Lambda's are easy to replace, but 170 quid for a sensor, my god...let us know if it fixes the prob :)

Last edited:
Back