swans are evil

Currently reading:
swans are evil

worst is, you can't do feck all, they are property of the Queen and protected as such, but they are man mfs! Break a man's arm as soon as look at him! :D

Hellcat said:
Does anyone actually know anyone who's had their arm broken by a swan? :p

Its a well known fact! well it is to me ;) Having worked at a bird sanctuary for 10 years, the thing we had to watch was the wings, they are very muscular and car break human bones if they flap out at great force.

I have been severly bruised by one that wasnt even trying, i thought my bone had broke :eek:

Mark, they can be aggressive, usually if they have young, they were probably just after eating your phone/camera.

They sounded scared more than being aggressive tbh!

give them some food and they will follow you :) its so much fun :)

I loathe swans.

I used to go fishing regularly and the worst thing that could happen - worse than howling wind and p*ssing rain, worse than the maggot box lid coming off in the car, even worse than forgetting to take food - was a swan appearing where I was fishing. :(

They get in the way, scare the fish off, damage rods/poles, try to eat the bait, and they're bloody vicious beasts when p*ssed off. Difficult to scare off too. Worst bit is that the ideal solution (t*atting them hard in the face with a landing net handle) is illegal! :rolleyes:

Disclaimer: I do not condone smashing swans in the face with fishing equipment (or with anything else), or shooting them, or holding their stupid ugly heads under the water until they drown, or trapping them in a tackle box before taking them home and roasting them. I just think they deserve it.

Back