General Suzuki Celerio

Currently reading:
General Suzuki Celerio

My industry is preparing emergency plans right now as there's a very real threat that we will not have enough fuel to move goods around anyway.

All stuff that could have been easily sorted if UK had not agreed to talk about money and politics before the basic mechanics of trade had been sorted.

The EU has it's red lines as they are keen to maintain their plan for ever closer union leading to a superstate. UK saw it as a trade negotiation. EU saw it as a massive insult to their political (some say, theological) plans.

Theresa May it seems wanted to please everyone. A halfway house on any subject will never suit anyone and leaving halfway is not leaving at all. Brexit has been a classic example of how to totally screw things up. Even worse, British incompetence has made UK plc look incompetent on the world stage so future trade deals will be all the more difficult.

Last edited:
So, a Suzuki Celerio is an ok vehicle if you can except the lower quality of the interior but has a decent engine.

But you can't drive one until the armchair politicians decide your allowed to or not...GIVE IT A REST:bang::yuck:

So, a Suzuki Celerio is an ok vehicle if you can except the lower quality of the interior but has a decent engine.

But you can't drive one until the armchair politicians decide your allowed to or not...GIVE IT A REST:bang::yuck:

The Panda is winning my heart over.

Would the Celerio’s lower quality interior last a shorter length of time?

I see a Celerio on the way to work most days. Underwhelming is my best estimate. There's also an Ignis that just looks styled ugly and (sorry) that just looks naff. The passenger compartment looks cramped to say the least.

It's a shame because Suzuki are such great engineers.

I bought a Suzuki Alto a 63 plate from new, after having my Panda from new for 7 years. 18 months later I was back with a new panda.

Now I know its a different model bu my reason for going away from Suzuki was the build quality. It was terrible. All panels felt very thin and not well made at all, very flimsy. The flooring was also dreadful I always felt that i was going to put my foot through the flooring. The Alto drove well and was certainly not as sluggish as Panda

By contrast the Panda is a solid car

I went to buy a new Panda at the end of last year but was put off by the comparitively high price.

In the end I bought an 18 plate Vauxhall Viva, which i am delighted with. Only a 3 cylinder 999 cc engine but with 74 BHP. Build quality is as good as Panda, but car is much livelier. Bluetooth, electric mirrors(heated), remote central locking, cruise control, which Panda did not have

Spent weeks researching and other good choice as Skoda Citigo, Kia Picanto but coming out top most of time was Hyundai I10

Lots of manufacturers (and it's not just cars) have taken to making their base level products in third world countries and selling them on past reputations.

You need to dig deeper and look beyond the badge on the front.

Don't manufacture share the research and development costs these days

The Grande Punto is rebadge lengthened, shortened and 4x4ed as

Vauxhall Corsa D and E
Alfa Romeo MiTo
Vauxhall Adam
Fiat 500L
Jeep Renegade
Fiat 500X
Jeep Compass

and built in Italy, Germany, Spain, Serbia, Turkey and Russia. Doesn't make any of them good or bad.

Back