surprised it doesnt happen more often TBh

Currently reading:
surprised it doesnt happen more often TBh

He's from where my family is from, poor bloke (for getting beaten up and being from Poznan, just kidding, I like Poznan). A mate's colleague was beaten up on a train for no reason last night after entertaining some US colleagues. Nothing has changed really though, it has always happened.

well part of the problem(note not an excuse) is the sheer number of poles(mainly) who have swamped the city so its a very noticable influx over the many other nationalities.
however like many other cities in the UK we have a big problem with 'small' scale crimes.
muggings,robberys etc are becoming all to common.

however there are times i wonder about people.there was a student nurse attacked & mugged in the meadows recently(a large park area in a well to do area)which has a path right through it.
it is known to have a crime problem at night yet people still go through there on their own???
im not saying its right that they cant but until the new CCTV is installed and proper policing implemented then why run the risk?

students can easily make mistakes like this if they dont know the area. when i first went to study in newcastle there were loads of students who ended up in the wrong part of town and got mugged or beaten up. the kids from the country side seem especially ignorant of things like this.

Manchester is worse though I guess? I don't have any issues in any areas but then again I guess why would they give me a go if there's a perceived easier target nearby. I don't tend to be scared anywhere I go - and I've had a few run ins with trouble - I won't let people dictate what I can do because they're ***** :) If they want to steal my mobile then either I hope they can keep up with me or enjoy an outdated phone. If they want my MP3 player I hope they weren't expecting an 80gb iPod.

If they just want a fight and to beat me up then what can I do about it? I have spent a lot of time in the bad areas in Nottingham (St. Anns and the Meadows) and in Manchester (Rusholme, Longsight, Levenshulme, Moss Side) and whilst I am always alert to trouble I would never let it change my behaviour.

fair point however the nursing halls a near the meadows and i cannot belive they are not advised on this.its a common problem area

Based on my experience of nursing student halls they're a crime hotspot. The NHS/University have little to do with the halls compared to most student accomodation where they will have security and site managers etc.

Unless Doncaster is a one-off NHS student accomodation is horrible.

Back