Technical Supersprint 4-Branch Manifold (Stainless)

Currently reading:
Technical Supersprint 4-Branch Manifold (Stainless)

Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Messages
945
Location
Wirral
Hey,

I am after one of these Cinquecento/Seicento Supersprint '4-Branch' Manifold (Stainless) but Fast Fiat want £245 which seems a little bit pricey since its gone up from £225 to £245 in a few months so does anyone know where I can pick one of these up for abit cheaper

Regards

Adam
 
OP
OP
E
Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Messages
945
Location
Wirral
Fully stainless steel exhaust manifold from Italian manufacturer 'Supersprint'. This manifold suits the 1.1 Sporting models and connects to the original catalytic converter. Suits all Cinquecento 1.1i Sporting models and all Seicento 1.1i pre facelift models (up to around 2000).


So Motorsport is way cheaper!
 

gaz.d

taffy git
Joined
Apr 30, 2002
Messages
17,331
Location
Wrexham
they good too, a phone call from the managing director adds to that personal touch

clubcento members get discount
 
Joined
Dec 20, 2004
Messages
5,167
Location
Kent
why not go for the plain steel version - should be cheaper and less prone to cracking as the older stainless ones did :confused:
 

gaz.d

taffy git
Joined
Apr 30, 2002
Messages
17,331
Location
Wrexham
do supersprint offer a mild steel version, i always thought it was stainless or nothing
 
Joined
Dec 20, 2004
Messages
5,167
Location
Kent
gaz_wrexham said:
do supersprint offer a mild steel version, i always thought it was stainless or nothing

dunno :confused: I know janspeed offer both versions, though supersprint may have followed suit :eek:
 

gaz.d

taffy git
Joined
Apr 30, 2002
Messages
17,331
Location
Wrexham
i thought janspeed only offered mild steel manifold lol - well the one im getting is mild....i think

why doesnt a janspeed manifold fit a sei?
 
Joined
Dec 20, 2004
Messages
5,167
Location
Kent
gaz_wrexham said:
i thought janspeed only offered mild steel manifold lol - well the one im getting is mild....i think

why doesnt a janspeed manifold fit a sei?

janspeed used to do a stainless, they may have discontinued becuase of them prone to cracking. They deffo do a mild steel one.

Not sure, i think it was the stud pattern or lambda sensor hole or something like that :confused:
 

Oldschool

Banned
Joined
May 10, 2005
Messages
3,739
Location
On da way 2 a new mission
Luke1985 said:
why not go for the plain steel version - should be cheaper and less prone to cracking as the older stainless ones did :confused:

The Supersprint manifold only cracks if it is not fitted the right way, which is not Supersprints fault.

I am selling Supersprint now for over ten years and have not had any problems when people read the installation intructions.
 

arc

this is where i stand
Joined
Oct 8, 2003
Messages
19,719
Location
Manchester
i want one of them :(

Peter - have you seen the thread over on CFP about exhausts, in particular the above manifold and a 1242
 
Joined
Dec 20, 2004
Messages
5,167
Location
Kent
Oldschool said:
The Supersprint manifold only cracks if it is not fitted the right way, which is not Supersprints fault.

I am selling Supersprint now for over ten years and have not had any problems when people read the installation intructions.

in that case i may be intersted in the near future (y)
 
Joined
Oct 7, 2004
Messages
5,151
Location
Towcester, Northants
TBH I have only ever heard of s/s manifolds cracking on turbo applications like the integrale as the turbo hangs on the manifold so all the weight is taking by the manifold which is not great when expanding and contracting with the massive heat generated with turbo cars, to overcome this some manifolds have slotted holes rather than just round holds to allow the manifold to expand and contact and not be restricted at the bolts which is where the stress cracks normally appear. If cracking is a concern then treat the car a little better, let it idle for 30 secs or so before switch off to allow the manifold to cool a little slower, especillay if its been on a long or fast run should help prevent it from cooling to quick and cracking.

Manifold design and manufacture had improved over the years and with time niggles that were missed in development are "ironed" out :)
 

Oldschool

Banned
Joined
May 10, 2005
Messages
3,739
Location
On da way 2 a new mission
peaster2k said:
Can you get your hands on 814201 (decat pipe) and 812901 (mainfold for a punto 60).

Thanks

David

Yes but it will take a few weeks. The importer has placed today the order for the next delivery and they had none in stock. When you are ready to go for it let me know and I will order. But it doesn't make a difference if you want to order now or in two weeks time.
 

peaster2k

New member
Joined
Jan 19, 2004
Messages
1,323
Location
Washington, United Kingdo
Oldschool said:
Yes but it will take a few weeks. The importer has placed today the order for the next delivery and they had none in stock. When you are ready to go for it let me know and I will order. But it doesn't make a difference if you want to order now or in two weeks time.

Could you give me a price on that?

Thanks

David
 
Top