Technical Supersprint 4-Branch Manifold (Stainless)

Currently reading:
Technical Supersprint 4-Branch Manifold (Stainless)

Hey,

I am after one of these Cinquecento/Seicento Supersprint '4-Branch' Manifold (Stainless) but Fast Fiat want £245 which seems a little bit pricey since its gone up from £225 to £245 in a few months so does anyone know where I can pick one of these up for abit cheaper

Regards

Adam

Fully stainless steel exhaust manifold from Italian manufacturer 'Supersprint'. This manifold suits the 1.1 Sporting models and connects to the original catalytic converter. Suits all Cinquecento 1.1i Sporting models and all Seicento 1.1i pre facelift models (up to around 2000).

So Motorsport is way cheaper!

gaz_wrexham said:
i thought janspeed only offered mild steel manifold lol - well the one im getting is mild....i think

why doesnt a janspeed manifold fit a sei?

janspeed used to do a stainless, they may have discontinued becuase of them prone to cracking. They deffo do a mild steel one.

Not sure, i think it was the stud pattern or lambda sensor hole or something like that :confused:

Luke1985 said:
why not go for the plain steel version - should be cheaper and less prone to cracking as the older stainless ones did :confused:

The Supersprint manifold only cracks if it is not fitted the right way, which is not Supersprints fault.

I am selling Supersprint now for over ten years and have not had any problems when people read the installation intructions.

TBH I have only ever heard of s/s manifolds cracking on turbo applications like the integrale as the turbo hangs on the manifold so all the weight is taking by the manifold which is not great when expanding and contracting with the massive heat generated with turbo cars, to overcome this some manifolds have slotted holes rather than just round holds to allow the manifold to expand and contact and not be restricted at the bolts which is where the stress cracks normally appear. If cracking is a concern then treat the car a little better, let it idle for 30 secs or so before switch off to allow the manifold to cool a little slower, especillay if its been on a long or fast run should help prevent it from cooling to quick and cracking.

Manifold design and manufacture had improved over the years and with time niggles that were missed in development are "ironed" out :)

peaster2k said:
Can you get your hands on 814201 (decat pipe) and 812901 (mainfold for a punto 60).

Thanks

David

Yes but it will take a few weeks. The importer has placed today the order for the next delivery and they had none in stock. When you are ready to go for it let me know and I will order. But it doesn't make a difference if you want to order now or in two weeks time.

Oldschool said:
Yes but it will take a few weeks. The importer has placed today the order for the next delivery and they had none in stock. When you are ready to go for it let me know and I will order. But it doesn't make a difference if you want to order now or in two weeks time.

Could you give me a price on that?

Thanks

David

Back