General Sun visor (drivers side) A lady needs help.

Currently reading:
General Sun visor (drivers side) A lady needs help.

Punto1cab

Does any one have a drivers side sun visor (light grey) for a 1997 Cabrio ...it has a slidy mirror. Mrs Punto1cab has one that has gone all floppy! It is clearly a fit & forget item that is all plastic welded up! I imagine the shaft has broken or something. Only identification is on the bracket & that says A203
I don't know if it unique to the Cabrio....as the screen angle seems more acute on the Cabrio, it might be.

Does any one have a drivers side sun visor (light grey) for a 1997 Cabrio ...it has a slidy mirror. Mrs Punto1cab has one that has gone all floppy! It is clearly a fit & forget item that is all plastic welded up! I imagine the shaft has broken or something. Only identification is on the bracket & that says A203
I don't know if it unique to the Cabrio....as the screen angle seems more acute on the Cabrio, it might be.

Our 55s did that.

I packed IT out IIRC.

Just enough to make it stiffer.

SEARCH should find more info..

My repair was 10 years ago.. :eek:

Charlie

There is a spring steel clip within the visor which grips onto the flat edge of the spindle. When the clip breaks it loses its grip. Although the visor is unique to the cabrio, the clip isn't. I have replaced mine with a clip from a non-cabrio punto, which was a fraction of the cost of a replacement cabrio visor. However, you do have to cut the vinyl to access the clip. If you remove the visor and feel along the top edge, you will feel the position of the clip. When you have located it, make a small incision with a sharp knife along the top seam and you can simply remove the broken clip and replace it. I then used a vinyl bond glue to repair the cut which created an invisible repair.

There is a spring steel clip within the visor which grips onto the flat edge of the spindle. When the clip breaks it loses its grip. Although the visor is unique to the cabrio, the clip isn't. I have replaced mine with a clip from a non-cabrio punto, which was a fraction of the cost of a replacement cabrio visor. However, you do have to cut the vinyl to access the clip. If you remove the visor and feel along the top edge, you will feel the position of the clip. When you have located it, make a small incision with a sharp knife along the top seam and you can simply remove the broken clip and replace it. I then used a vinyl bond glue to repair the cut which created an invisible repair.
Thanks for that information. I have removed the broken clip (I made too long a cut, but it will glue back as you say) Any tips on which visor has a suitable clip? Mk2? or what. no Mk1's around, unless someone reading this has one ?
David

There are a few on Italian Ebay.
Search for
PARASOLE-PANTINA-DESTRA-con-specchietto-FIAT-PUNTO-1-serie

Destra or DX means right hand

There are a few on Italian Ebay.
Search for
PARASOLE-PANTINA-DESTRA-con-specchietto-FIAT-PUNTO-1-serie

Destra or DX means right hand

Thanks for that info...I have had a few parts from Italy e-bay, but on most occasions they won't post outside Italy!! The patience of Italian friends who have done the deals for me is a bit thin now!

Back