Technical Sun Roof Removal

Currently reading:
Technical Sun Roof Removal

jcw

I bought the missus a Seicento Sporting 2 weeks ago - what a great little car. I keep nicking it 'cos its such fun to drive. However, I have had a few problems:
I have just replaced the rear shoes with the help of the technical tips in this forum, but I can't work out how to remove the sun roof to fix the weather seal! (I got the car minus the owners manual). I see various levers and catches but although they move nothing seems to release - any tips?
Incidentally, the car came with a leaking fuel tank as well, but, again thanks to the information in this forum, I got the tank replaced by Fiat FOC even though the chassis number is well passed the cut-off point for the recall. The tank was porous as it had rusted from the inside out - "rotten as a peach" said the dealer.
I could do with a copy of the owners manual and also a workshop manual if anyone has got copies to spare.

The best way to remove the sunroof is to use the flat headed screwdriver which is supplied to you with the car, but any flat headed screw driver would do the trick. To remove the sunroof: When you open the sunroof with the round handle, you will notice a silver metal screw in the middle of the handle, you need to turn this screw whilst opening the sunroof fully. When the sunroof is open fully, still holding the screw, push the sunroof off, you will notice that the sunroof is now free, in this case you will now need to either raise or push a black little lever to the side of the opening mechanism which allows the sunroof to be taken off.

Sam

Back