Styling Suitable wind deflectors

Currently reading:
Styling Suitable wind deflectors

Hi all,
I'm after getting a set of wind deflectors to fit the doors, but I'm not keen on the type that you wedge into the window seal / runners after having that type on my Yaris and it causing so much stress on the winder motors that the mechanisms broke TWICE!!
Any suggestions to a decent set, preferably ones that clip over the doors rather than into the windows, but any with a proven record with your good selves would be appreciated.

Gary

I have only ever seen wind defectors that sit into the window seals. But why bother? Panda windows work great without them. On top of that, Italian window winders are not known for high strength under stress.

I have only ever seen wind defectors that sit into the window seals. But why bother? Panda windows work great without them. On top of that, Italian window winders are not known for high strength under stress.

I think you miss the point of these.
I specifically want them because when it's been raining and I open the window to wave my gate card at the reader, the door card and my arm gets drenched. My own fault I suppose for keeping the paintwork waxed well enough for the rain to bead off nicely.
But also because when the other half in in the car it fogs up terribly, especially in the wet, and having his window open a little stop me needing the blower on 3 all the time.

My Pandas almost never fog up whatever the weather. Maybe you have some other issues going on. Does yours have a cabin air filter?

I have Team Heko wind deflectors on mine. They push into the window rubber sills but also give plenty of room for the front windows to move freely. Makes my scabby Eleganza look that tiny bit sportier :)

I've fitted the hero ones before that fit in the window groove.

Make 100% certain you use the metal clips to keep the appropriate space for the glass as this may have been your toyota issue.

Tim

pandas almost never fog up whatever the weather. Maybe you have some other issues going on. Does yours have a cabin air filter?
Yes, and I change it yearly regardless of condition.
I did however have the dashboard waterfall feature these cars are known for within a week of owning it, before I could get it in the garage. But a poke through those drainage holes, leaving the windows open whilst in the garage for a couple months and lifting the carpet during the day made it nice and dry again.
I generally only have fog issues when I have passengers, just not much air flow when you're only doing 40 tops.
Hence why I'd like to get another pair of these.
Just nice to have fresh air drawing through properly.
Yes there are vent flaps in the boot, but that's under the carpet, behind the bumper.......just not conducive to decent air flow, but then no modern car is.

I've fitted the hero ones before that fit in the window groove.
Make 100% certain you use the metal clips to keep the appropriate space for the glass as this may have been your toyota issue.

Tim

Think I'll have to bite the bullet and just try them.
The Yaris winders were just thin pressed sheet metal and the deflectors were a brand I've not seen again, quite thick material. The Yaris also has a much curvier side profile which doesn't help.

Back