Subwoofer / amp choice

Currently reading:
Subwoofer / amp choice

brickdog

I'm intending to fit an amp and sub to my Grande Punto Sporting.

I previously had a 400w Sony Xplod XM2165GTX amp with a 300w Infinity Kappa 12" sub in the Infinity custom box (pics attached) and thought they sounded great.

I've been browsing around for possible replacements and wondered what peoples recommendations were for a nice amp + 12" boxed sub combination.

I'm a fan of lots of types of music including dance so would like something versatile.

Also does anyone have any experience of the Fuel subs? Are they any good?

Attachments

• amp.JPG
    amp.JPG
    558.6 KB · Views: 60
  • sub.jpg
    sub.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I wouldn't say no to second hand but I do prefer to get new stuff so I've got some come back if it goes duff a few months down the line (y)

I have just installed a Rockford Fosgate amp in my punto, it is by far the best amp I have ever had. Rockford do a 'mono' amp which is purley designed for base. The punch from it is incredible.
From now on I will be buying Rockford Fosgate. Plus the ratings they are given are true power ratings in RMS not peak capabilities like other makes.
You might be able to find a Rockford sub and amp pack for under £300. Good Luck!

I have just installed a Rockford Fosgate amp in my punto, it is by far the best amp I have ever had. Rockford do a 'mono' amp which is purley designed for base. The punch from it is incredible.
From now on I will be buying Rockford Fosgate. Plus the ratings they are given are true power ratings in RMS not peak capabilities like other makes.
You might be able to find a Rockford sub and amp pack for under £300. Good Luck!
I know Rockford Fosgate have a good reputation - the mono amp sounds ideal for a sub. I'll have a look round and see what I can get for my money.

Thanks for the help all! :D

JL 500/1 off ebay will be the best amp to buy , i recently sold mine for £200 on there after payin £600 2 years ago (n) i never had the time to install it or my Focal 13" woofers (im still miffed about it). you will get one cheaper but mine was new in the box.

alpine is great IMO got 2 alpine mrd-m300 amps in my tipo and although there not the most powerful amp arond they pack one hell of a punch i run 2 amps 2 subs 1 amp powers 1 sub. my subs are crap but the puch i get is phenomonal, i have the loudest car in my area! these amps go on ebay quite cheap i bought both of mine for less than £50 posted!!

Back