500 Fiat 500 audio problem

Currently reading:
500 Fiat 500 audio problem

Nickyv

Fiat 500 audio/radio problem

Im trying to fix my girlfriends car she has a fiat 500 by diesel version with an interscope audio system. The radio works but when its turned on you only hear bass sound from the subwoofer. I first tried a other radio this dindnt do anything. Later i tried to turn on the radio and then it did work good. When i went back 20 minutes later i tried it again and it went back to a only working sub. When it worked for a short time the audio sound was perfect no crackling sound.

I looked online and thought that maybe the amplifier went bad so i took it out (i uploaded some photos of it). To me it doenst really look bad so i asked a friend for advice he said that maybe power supply module is bad.

Does anyone know where i could find this power supply for the amplifier ?
Did someone experience this problem to ?
Any advice would be great.

Attachments

• IMG_4671.jpeg
    IMG_4671.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4673.jpeg
    IMG_4673.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4675.jpeg
    IMG_4675.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4676.jpeg
    IMG_4676.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4678.jpeg
    IMG_4678.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 10
The power supply is built into the amplifier
Ideally, you need to see if there's an audio input for the front rear at the amplifier or feed an external input into it to test the unit. The fact you have the sub working suggests the power supply if fine, it's more likely there's no audio input or output from the radio

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240526_111714_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240526_111714_Samsung Internet.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
The power supply is built into the amplifier
Ideally, you need to see if there's an audio input for the front rear at the amplifier or feed an external input into it to test the unit. The fact you have the sub working suggests the power supply if fine, it's more likely there's no audio input or output from the radio
Thanku for your reaction. I saw online that de subwoofer has its own amplifier thats why i think the amp for de speakers is broken. Because there is stil a good bass coming from the subwoofer. Or is it possible that the audio input / output from the radio to the speaker amplifier is bad and to the subwoofer good?

There are many possibilities but all are simple but you need to start looking simply, so is there a line output level signal from the radio, you'll need either an oscilloscope and separate amplifier (from the house say ) to hear if there's any output, or very high impedance headphones, then work towards the amp rulling things out as you go

There are many possibilities but all are simple but you need to start looking simply, so is there a line output level signal from the radio, you'll need either an oscilloscope and separate amplifier (from the house say ) to hear if there's any output, or very high impedance headphones, then work towards the amp rulling things out as you go

I came acros someone that was selling a defect amp she had the same fiat with this soundsystem. She was very helpfull and exactly had the same symptoms/problems. Next saturday i found someone willing to sell/try a good amp. Thanks for the advice i will update you when i tried it! Lets hope its the amplifier

Back