Subscription Notification

Currently reading:
Subscription Notification

Pretty sure this is likely to have been asked before but.

When subscribing to a thread you are asked if you want an email notification or not.

Can we make it an option to get a site notification regarding any subscribed threads.

Basically so that it comes up like Thanks/Likes/Quotes/Mentions for any thread you have specifically subscribed to.

Cheers

Trouble with the notification system is that all it stores is a number.

So although I could hook into the subscription email bit (and increase that number) - there would be no way to ever decrease it (as reading a thread wouldn't drop it down).

It could work in the fact the number would stay at x until you viewed the User CP subscription listing page - but I fear this might be a bit confusing....

Trouble with the notification system is that all it stores is a number.

So although I could hook into the subscription email bit (and increase that number) - there would be no way to ever decrease it (as reading a thread wouldn't drop it down).

It could work in the fact the number would stay at x until you viewed the User CP subscription listing page - but I fear this might be a bit confusing....

So it cant be hooked into the "Thread Read" system. Obviously if i subscribe to a thread it shows on my UserCp as "New Posts" this must be giving off a Positive Feed to the database to display as New Posts. Once read this disappears. Doesn't need to show how many unread posts, just that threads have new posts.

Back