The New Quote Notification

Currently reading:
The New Quote Notification

blu73

The Force is strong with this one.
Staff member
Right so i think the notification to tell me i have been quoted by someone is a very good addition to the site.

However, its quite annoying me that i get a notification to tell me i have quoted someone else - i kinda know that already as i just did it..

Also why do they not disappear unless you go to the thread via the notification - i keep going through my unread subscribed threads and then notice the notifications at the top and to get rid of them i have to go into each individual thread - i have normally just read the thread and seen the 'like', 'dislike' or 'quote'.

Is there any settings for this i haven't found yet?

Just so we're clear, your own quote should go in the list, but shouldn't increase the number in the blue square.

Yeah, that's what should happen... but my blue box number does go up when I quote someone else... Just quoted BlueDan in the grumps thread, and sure enough, my blue box changed.

Yeah, that's what should happen... but my blue box number does go up when I quote someone else... Just quoted BlueDan in the grumps thread, and sure enough, my blue box changed.

Ok, I've quoted you now - so let's see if my counter goes up.

I also had a 2 quote counter from 2 threads earlier, both cleared when I clicked the list link....

Ok, just looked at the code:

PHP:
		if ($this->profile->userinfo['userid'] == $this->registry->userinfo['userid'] AND $this->registry->userinfo['dbtech_usertag_quotecount'] AND $_REQUEST['tab'] == 'quotes')
		{
			// Reset quote count
			$this->registry->db->query_write("UPDATE " . TABLE_PREFIX . "user SET dbtech_usertag_quotecount = 0 WHERE userid = " . $this->registry->db->sql_prepare($this->registry->userinfo['userid']));
			$this->registry->userinfo['dbtech_usertag_quotecount'] = 0;
		}

This is the only section in the mod that removes the quote count, clicking on a link from the list doesn't do anything. As you can see, it wipes it to 0.

Let's try and work out some more variables - do you click the "remember me" when you log in?

Nope. Working as expected.

Are you using quick reply or full reply?

Always use the 'new reply' button

Maybe it only does it on threads you started?

Nope - cos it's done it the smile/grumpy thread to me - although I have noticed it doesn't do it every single time - just about 90%... :confused:

I never log out, but I think I'll have chosen to remember my settings, otherwise I'm guessing I'd have to re-login everytime I start my pc up...

Edit: Just done it again - blue box went up +1 lol

As a side note though - I don't have to click on each link to get it to clear. I just have to go onto my profile quotes/tags tabs and then click on any other link to another section so the blue box refreshes.

Ive just got a qoute notification for quoting someone in my post? :confused: Its not like i dont know ive quoted someone..

I know on the show quote notifcation page it shows who's quoted you, and who you've quoted but only had notifications for when ive been quoted..

If you get me..

Plus i got a notifaction when i quoted myself in a post. :eek:

Back