General student redesigns panda.....

Currently reading:
General student redesigns panda.....

P.S. Thankyou to everyone who has actually helped me on here before this turned into a slagging match against me. your help was greatly apreciated.

Maybe if you weren't such a tw@t you would get a better response.

This is something you will learn as you gain real experience in life and how to conduct interpersonal relationships.

Maybe if you weren't such a tw@t you would get a better response.

...takes one to know one!:D sorry, couldn't resist!

Anyway, sorry if i offended anyone when i said i hate pandas. again, this refers to the difficulty i have drawing them, i don't hate them really i'm sure they are a very capable small car. Not sure where the thing about land rovers came from originally, but to clear things up. there is no comparison between them and fiats. as Jai says they are completely different machines for different markets. it is just my personal opinion that they are quite nice and i aspire to own one someday. I hope this has cleared some stuff up that i was getting some abuse over (see above) apologies again to anyone who misinterpreted what i meant.

friends now?

If i was going uber 4x4, im afraid i certainly wouldn't start with a panda. not when anything that has a land rover badge is a million times better to be honest.

I think that anyone would realise that coming onto a Fiat forum and saying those sort of things isn't going to endear you to the members whose help you are seeking....

We've got to consider the target buyers, and to be honest the panda is driven by old people and women mostly.....

If you honestly believe (however wrongly) that old people and women are the target buyers then surely you shouldn't be re-designing it to aim at the 'non target' buyers? Your design would presumably deter the 'target' buyers....Something no client is going to appreciate?

Just a thought. Now let's see this facelift! :D

Daz

BTW, yes, freelanders probably are a million times better. can you haul a trailer, caravan or horsebox with your 4x4 panda? i very much doubt it. (heres where one of you preves me wrong!)

I was going to let this go but Since you think your being clever by mentioning the above. Of course a Panda can't pull a horse box, but it can pull a trailer and a caravan. However I was refering to what a 4x4 is supposed to do best, go over rough, muddy, snowy terrain. Hence why I pointed you to check out the test 5th gear (that's a popular motoring programe on TV) did which is now on Utube, were they put an £8k Panda 4x4 against a £50k Range Rover (which wears a Land Rover badge) so you could see just how good the 4x4 Panda really is.

So how many LD's you've driven to substantiate they are so good.

Just to add to the dissing of Landrovers, which is always fun, a couple of years ago when it snowed properly in the North of Scotland, I had great fun driving around in my front-wheel-drive Panda, having no great problems in the snow, watching all the expensive Landrovers stuck in drifts. It didn't seem to occur to them to dig it out, or perhaps they thought it was just too big a job? It seems to me that people buy such ludicrous vehicles to try - and fail - to make up for the inadequacies in their driving abilities, and anatomies.

How come you all hate land rovers so much, but i get slated for saying i hate pandas? Perhaps something to do with this is a forum about fiat pandas lol :eek:
(I don't really hate pandas, only drawing them) and speaking of drawing them, here, hopefully, is my CAD rendering of my proposed facelift.

muchbetterpandaaarz6.jpg

please excuse my naff use of photoshop and feel free to let me know what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
and here is the other end:

pandarearenderxb0.jpg

I can't work out how to put the image directly onto the forum. again, please exceuse my crappy rendering.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't get the offset grill / badge / plate idea....I doubt ANYONE would buy a car that looked that odd....

As for using CAD...Whatever happened to car designers using pens and paper....Ah I guess that explains why a lot of modern cars look the same

No disrespect intended here IHatePandas, but it would really benefit you to learn Photoshop or Illustrator.

Daz

Mmm, not keen I'm afraid. The offset grille is just horrendous. Ilike the foglights, not sure on the headlights though.

The offset numberplate at the back doesn't do it for me either - reminds me of a wheelchair converted van.

Good effort, but it's not an improvement on the current model I'm afraid.

I was going to let this go but Since you think your being clever by mentioning the above. Of course a Panda can't pull a horse box, but it can pull a trailer and a caravan. However I was refering to what a 4x4 is supposed to do best, go over rough, muddy, snowy terrain. Hence why I pointed you to check out the test 5th gear (that's a popular motoring programe on TV) did which is now on Utube, were they put an £8k Panda 4x4 against a £50k Range Rover (which wears a Land Rover badge) so you could see just how good the 4x4 Panda really is.

So how many LD's you've driven to substantiate they are so good.

What do you mean it can't pull a horse box, the older type can :p well not a horse box but a 2 ton boat so I'm sure the current type is as capable.

butch1.JPG delivery.JPG

DSC01733.JPG DSC01754.JPG

DSC01873.JPG DSC02225.JPG

DSC01680.JPG DSCF3620.jpg

The pic of the re design is just a take on the Mk1 re the grille.

Last edited:
Not being unkind but this similar to the numerous design house sketches drawn as 'concepts' BEFORE the CURRENT design was FIATised and changed by them to be both marketable and capable of being manufactured at a reasonable cost in 2002/2003......

Back