Technical Stuck in a corner with Airbag module

Currently reading:
Technical Stuck in a corner with Airbag module

Hi guys, my 09 1.4 Doblo was bought sometime back with the airbag light on. Im reasonably handy with the odd spanner but know my limits so called on an auto electrician to investigate. His diagnosis scanner could not establish a connection with the airbag module and sent the module away to be repaired. Unfortunately the repair place say that it is unrepairable and a further call to a company called crashdata was unsuccessful as well as they said if the module could not be communicated with, they couldn't do anything with it. I have searched online for an exact replacement (Autoliv 550 90 34 00 FIAT DOBLO Airbag Module 51705343) but have not been able to locate one. I have also contacted the local Fiat dealership and although the part number is recognised, they are unable to tell me when I could actually get one as they have been unavailable
for some time.
With only 41000miles on the clock, this surely can't be the end of the road for the Doblo.
Do I have any options left?
Thanks for reading my plea!
thumbnail.jpeg

I was thinking your 8 digit on the picture looks a viable FIAT number

Ebay the 3 numbers on the ePER link

Should find a few.. then the same with yours

Do let us know what european ebay comes up with :)
Thanks a ton for your guidance with this! I have spoken with Fiat and they reckon the module I have was fitted to the 2004/2005 model and not my 2009. The thinking is that after the car had a bump, someone has tried to fit another ecu which didn't work and just left it in the car before selling it to me. The Fiat chap said part no 51772804 is the correct one for the car so I looked on ebay and there were a few to choose from.
My concern now is, if I don't have the original ecu, how can the replacement be cloned to work in my Doblo?

Just to close off the thread, the Dobby is now sorted after sourcing the last mentioned airbag module. It was literally plug & play with no additional software work needed! Many thanks for the input, happy days!

Back