Stoneacre

Currently reading:
Stoneacre

I dont know really. Ring them up and ask them, i had to take my car in to get looked at by them and they were very polite and quick (all my problems were sorted on the warranty).

Perhaps they have something advertised on there website :confused:.

Watch out for what courtesy car they give you, they gave me a bit of a naff chevrolet with no cd player :eek:

They seemed to be fine with me, maybe its because i caught them on a good day. And i didnt have to pay for anything as well (y), how i love warranties.

Did they give you a crap courtesy car lol :rolleyes:

they will probably charge you an hour, they always do, just to plug the reader in (5mins) ask to watch! even local garages now use the snap on multi reader, and will charge less!! Ant!

Yeah but dealers have updates and can do allmost anything realy becuase they made the car

My Stilo is going back to Piccadilly Wakefield (main Fiat dealer) for its 36k service, because when i took it to Stoneacre to have the part fitted it required, they said 'we dont see many of these sir'.

So i want to take it to a place where they will know what they are doing and not do anything wrong :rolleyes:.

And i also get a decent courtesy car (Grande Punto 1.4 Active Sport :cool:). Wonder if they will have maybe a few 500 courtesy cars in then :idea:.

they will probably charge you an hour, they always do, just to plug the reader in (5mins) ask to watch! even local garages now use the snap on multi reader, and will charge less!! Ant!

Snap on reader is a generic reader,it cant interogate/read manufacture specific codes/carry out active diagnostic/recorder functions/software updates like examiner can.

Went to 2 garages today to carry out work incorrectly diagnosd by generic readers,yes they have their uses (I sometimes use one) but you cant in anyway compare them to manufactuer specific diagnostic equipment.

Expensive? you bet! but then again you pay a plumber £70 to come around to your house & thats before they have touched anything! Diagnostic work may seem expensive to the individual but at over £3k for basic kit,yearly warranty subscription & software subscriptions (for each machine) then thousends again for the extra add on equipment you can't honestly expect a dealer to charge you a fiver for diag work.If you started up a jet wash franchise & paid £4-5K for equipment you must recoup that money back or as much of it as you can....simple business.

Understand where your coming from but when its just chucking warning lights at you when there is nothing wrong and you have to pay, its a bit of an annoyance. Technology is ment to bring us forwards but in one way it makes a job twice as hard.

Understand where your coming from but when its just chucking warning lights at you when there is nothing wrong and you have to pay, its a bit of an annoyance. Technology is ment to bring us forwards but in one way it makes a job twice as hard.

I think its fair to pay initially but if nothing can be found after a reasonable time/cost then its a gesture of the garage to keep trying until they can reproduce/find the fault...to repeatedly charge customers is wrong.I personally think its good to have a good chat with customer & explain 'plan of action' after all its to everyones benefit to get the car sorted(y)

I think its fair to pay initially but if nothing can be found after a reasonable time/cost then its a gesture of the garage to keep trying until they can reproduce/find the fault...to repeatedly charge customers is wrong.I personally think its good to have a good chat with customer & explain 'plan of action' after all its to everyones benefit to get the car sorted(y)

Most garages not willing to do this really though, just a matter of 'we'll bang it on the diag machine again' :( They gotta make profit somewhere i suppose

I shall have a chat this week and see how far i get

Back