Technical Stilo sump drain plug and oil filter removal

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo sump drain plug and oil filter removal

For all of you desperately searching for a hex key to undo the sump plug on your 1.4 Stilos, stop now. The last models are fitted with a standard 17mm hexagonal headed bolt.
Is there a tool (Fiat or otherwise) to unscrew the oil filter on a 2006 1.4 Stilo?

if your replacing it, get a bloody big screwdriver and shove it right through and use it like a T-bar...that'll get it off.

or go to the poundshop and get one of those things old people use to open pickle jars?

if your replacing it, get a bloody big screwdriver and shove it right through and use it like a T-bar...that'll get it off.

or go to the poundshop and get one of those things old people use to open pickle jars?

This old timer just uses muscle power to get at his pickles..:p

I use a pair of oil filter pliers ..but here is a link to show you the many form and implements used for oil filter removal..

http://www.justoffbase.co.uk/Oil-Filter-Pliers-Forged-54-108mm-Capacity-Sealey-AK6411

very nice pliers PNL, and not too expensive

And i didnt pay anywhere near that price for them..:p I paid £3.50p for mine at local store called WHAT!!! ebay will be your cheapest place to find a good buy..probably..:)

I use a chain wrench to move il filters now, having tried gloves and muscle, jar top removers, special oil filter remover (heavy canvas strap and adjster - similar to jar top remover).
The chain wrench is a heavy chain that has a handle and fixing point, wrap the chain around lock it in and it will almost anything - as long as you can get at it! (I also use this to lock the flywheel on my outboard when removing the lock nut).

Yeah DONT try the Screwdriver thing that is stoopid and childlike
Buy a oil chain one, i have had mine for over 7 years,
more and it does the lot.. (three quid)
Just make sure it is in postition, rags in place,
and away you go...
PLEASE DISPOSE OF ALL OIL THOUGHTFULLY
THAT STUFF KILLS ANIMALS
:):)
:)

This is the one I used on the 1.6 the first time I changed it, and the other time after it had been serviced. They were fit too tight both times. You don't have to use Arnold's power to fit an oil filter.

http://www.biltema.no/products/productimage.asp?iItemId=82505

Cost £2.8GBP (under 30 NOK).

Fits nicely. Have to work from underneath though.

Morty I've been looking for one like this for ages (it's the only one that will work with the filter for the 2.4 engine!). Does your supplier ship to the UK?

Or does anyone else know a UK-based supplier who sells them?

Morty I've been looking for one like this for ages (it's the only one that will work with the filter for the 2.4 engine!). Does your supplier ship to the UK?

No, they don't even send domestic. But they let you make a shopping list, which you can provide when you arrive at the store. I guess the concept is like what you call Halfords. Loads of crap utilities which you never need, but cheap tools for 5 time use, useless non-working tools, and some professional tools. And again, enormous amounts of crap.

But this filter gadget actually works very well.

I ship to the UK though. :D And I'd be happy to provide one if you want.

No, they don't even send domestic. But they let you make a shopping list, which you can provide when you arrive at the store. I guess the concept is like what you call Halfords. Loads of crap utilities which you never need, but cheap tools for 5 time use, useless non-working tools, and some professional tools. And again, enormous amounts of crap.

But this filter gadget actually works very well.

I ship to the UK though. :D And I'd be happy to provide one if you want.

You have a PM...

This is the one I used on the 1.6 the first time I changed it, and the other time after it had been serviced. They were fit too tight both times. You don't have to use Arnold's power to fit an oil filter.

I use something very similar.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_525117_langId_-1_categoryId_165469

I got two, never failed to work on any of the Panda's or even a 2.5L Landrover :)

Jon.

You might need Arnold's power to unscrew it! This wrench is ideal because it has such a thin strap.

I've got a strap-style filtertool, just like the chain ones but with a bit of thin seatbelt-type material on it. Was a Laser product I think.

Talking of Laser, their dent puller is the most useless piece of crap it's been my misfortune to waste eight quid on. The place I bought it from took it straight back and acknowledged its flaws.

In fact, I'll start a new "Rubbish Tools" thread...

Back