General Stilo Schumacher Loss of Power??

Currently reading:
General Stilo Schumacher Loss of Power??

Shamemf

Hi I wonder if anyone can offer some advice? I had to call out the RAC a few evenings ago as my auxilary belt had started to split and was making a loud noise as it flapped around. The RAC guy was great and managed to source a local supplier that had a new belt and fitted it for me, he did a really good job "I thought!" It didn`t take me long once i had set off to realise that the car wasn`t right :mad:, it has far less power under 3k revs in every gear. Once it hits just over 3k it starts to pick up but then flat spots, this is more noticeable in 2nd and 3rd. Don`t get me wrong you can drive the car ok but it just dosen`t have the power it had before the belt change and something isn`t right. The other thing to mention is that when it is cold it is far worse 1st, 2nd below 3k has virtualy nothing :cry: I am no expert but my guess is that the RAC guys has up-set a sensor somewhere whilst working? maybe one that is easy to sort out? Just posting this in the hope that someone can give me some advice before I have to take it to a dealer for them to re-connect a lead and kick me in the nuts for it :bang: Cheers Nick

Back