General Stilo in Limp Mode

Currently reading:
General Stilo in Limp Mode

pachamama

Hi, I have a Fiat Stilo, the engine management light comes on, on the dash board and the car goes into limp mode.

Fiat can't really tell me what the problem is.
I have purchased the following from Fiat

Main fuse box
Accelerator pedal

I still get the same problems after being advised by Fiat to buy these.

Firstly does a replaced main fuse box need reprogramming or resetting?

Would anyone care to offer any other suggestions because Fiat are not quite sure what it could be either and I do not want to purchase anything additional until I can get a better idea what this could be.

Many thanks in advance for your help

Hi, I have a Fiat Stilo, the engine management light comes on, on the dash board and the car goes into limp mode.

Fiat can't really tell me what the problem is.

Main fuse box
Accelerator pedal

Firstly does a replaced main fuse box need reprogramming or resetting?

Would anyone care to offer any other suggestions because Fiat are not quite sure what it could be either and I do not want to purchase anything additional until I can get a better idea what this could be.

Many thanks in advance for your help

Not sure but when i had a faulty MAP sensor i had to reset the fault codes with a code reader after i fitted the new one, possibly the same, didn't fiat put it onto the examiner???

I might be wrong but im sure someone will soon tell me!!

Main fuse box
Accelerator pedal

This should have been posted on 1st April.

Why would a Fiat garage suggest you buy these :confused:
What fault codes did they give you after using Examiner?

Hi Everyone,

My stilo is in the garage at the minute. 53 1.6 active sport.

Im getting exactly the same problems. I'm getting the engine fault light come on, it sometimes says ABS fault, Airbag fault, Loose connection all flashing up on the display. It has also gone into the limp home mode before.

The fiat garage where its at are determined that by replacing the throttle body it will cure this. I do not and will not believe them and as it costs £300 without guarenteing that it will fix it. I have spoken to numerous other fiat garages and they also do not believe a throttle fault will bring up the ABS and Airbag faults i'm experiencing. I need to sell this car, but am unable to as this fault is intermitant.
PLEASE HELP!!!!:bang:

It doesn't have air con.
It faults in the wet or dry it does not seem to have a preference.

The garage have said that they will check the connection on the airbag plug tomorrow, but if they dont find anything do you really think I should let them change the throttle body because they seem unrealted to me.

cheers

I have had the aircon connector taken off and the wires sealed.
It seems to have done the job.
I got it home at least(y)

pachamama I would suggest going back to the dealers and getting your money back. This problem is known by fiat technical, they should have checked your connecter before fitting you a new throttle body.

Go to trading standards and take it to the TOP:slayer:
I even managed to get the email address and phone number of the uk fiat director. Its amazing what kicking up a fuss does.:devil:

Good luck, and thanks for your help guys...

pachamama I would suggest going back to the dealers and getting your money back. This problem is known by fiat technical, they should have checked your connecter before fitting you a new throttle body.

Go to trading standards and take it to the TOP:slayer:
I even managed to get the email address and phone number of the uk fiat director. Its amazing what kicking up a fuss does.:devil:

NO....each car is different as are alot of the faults...I gave you one 'possible' solution to your problem which appears to have fixed it but are you 100% it is fixed? I have been caught out by 'assuming' that this fix would cure the fault only for customer to return so its unwise to assume this is the same fault as someone else has.

I have fitted many a throttle body (fault fixed) but I can give you at least 7 more possible fixes to the fault you & pachamama have.What fixes one car may well not fix another.

Despite what you say 'kicking up a fuss' will more than often get you knowhere,if pachamama has a problem I suggest he/she goes back to the garage to see the service manager & explain his concerns.

(p.s. the air-con connector is not a known fiat tech problem but has cured similar faults to the one you describe.This solution has never been circulated among dealerships/techs)

is this symptom the same for a fiat punto?????

Hello I am new user to this service, I am needing some help to find out what is LIMP MODE and how do i go about fixing this problem asap.
Also are there any garages in the Manchester area that would you recommend that will not brake my motor or tell me some daft story to get more money out of my wallet.
thank you for any help given

:bang:

Back