Technical Stilo Chiptuning

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo Chiptuning

It's not my Stilo. Mine is 1.8 petrol. This is from my friends car, he paid about 500 €.

[image]http://www.mobisux.com/tabla/avatar/21988.jpg[/image]

The new multijet 140 hp shuld kick ass, i am sure it could get chiped to about 160 hp!!! Just a little step away from abarth but DIESEL;)

It will invalidate the warranty if the dealer can prove (or thinks) the power increase caused a part to fail e.g. turbo, any engine components etc. For items that are not anything to do with the remap e.g. suspension, the warranty should be OK. Dealers vary when it comes to this kind of thing (some remap more freindly than others) and it really just depends how your dealer views it. At the end of the day most dealers want to get warranty claims through but they won't compromise their franchise position if the fault is self inflicted and Fiat investigate it further or really challenge it.

One thing it will be worth knowing is whether the new ECU code is detectable to the Fiat diagnostic software. If it isn't then the dealer will never know anyway.

Also, what boost pressure will the turbo be increased to in the JTD's and what is the tubo's tolerances?

just my 2 pennies worth :D

cmc

1.6 Dynmamic 5 door.

stilo I think that the 140bhp JTD might be pushed way more than the 20bhp extra ....

FIAT STILO 1.6 3dR Tiziano Red
Sub=Pioneer TS WX20LPA
AUTOMOBILE SK

I am sure you are right, the same engine is installed in new Opel Astra only tuned to 150 HP, so you are probably right it seems plenty of reserve.

I ve seen in a German magazine Avto Bild, Opel Vectra OPC which has 1,9 litre diesel engine pushed to 220 HP!!!

I reply on the OPC
This is a special one has a double sequential turbo, a little one till 1800 rpm then a bigger one gets in till 3000 rpm then works alone above that pressure is 3.2 bar (of the turbo)
Consumation is 6 liters/100 km (47 mpg)
Mounted in a Opel Vectra 0-100 kh in 6.5 sec (0-62 mph)
Topspeed of 250 kh (155 mph)
From a 1.9 liter diesel 212 hp and 400 NM torque (41 kfm)

Stilo JTD 3D (115HP) Dynamic Steel Silver, Leather, Nav+, Spoilerkit, Comfortpack, Auto airco
Alloys HR-Alurad Brio5 18x7.5"

I have a 1.8 but I´m soon switching to the new multijet. 190 HP should be possible with a proper remap... stilo, you´re from Ljubljana?

<font face="Comic Sans MS"></font id="Comic Sans MS"><font size="6"></font id="size6">

check these out for petrol chiptunning www.motorsport-developments.co.uk can chip just about anything

stilo 1.6 3dr sassy grey, K&N 57i, full stainless twin 3" tailpipes, abarth sideskirts, 5 dr spoiler 0-60 8.52s and new motrsport developments full engine remap, new 0-60 not known yet!!!

louc

JamesM I'm sure it can be done 175 hp from a 115jtd but here you'll need more modifications. I'm talking bigger intercooler, oilcooling, upgrade breaks. Also how to get the increase of torque to the wheels with the same gearbox need to upgrade this as well. I'm interested in the prize Alfanize is going to ask.
Here they push a 140 hp To 162 hp and 18% increase of torque.
This is to have about the same wear as before and to pass the yearly technical check we'll have to do in Belgium.

Stilo JTD 3D (115HP) Dynamic Steel Silver, Leather, Nav+, Spoilerkit, Comfortpack, Auto airco

Hey Duppe we were in Belgium at ItalFest last week! I know the problems you guys have with the checks.

The gearbox is good for 320lb ft constant which is 430Nm so thats no problem as we put through 270lb ft (365Nm). The clutch is out of the Ducato motorhome and is almost bullet proof.

When you say prize - do you mean price, i.e. cost? Maximum cost for the 175bhp is €540 ;-) Club Stilo members get a huge discount.
Nige

Alfa Romeo 156 2.4 JTD (210BHP)
Fiat Punto JTD (130BHP)
Fiat Barchetta

http://www.angeltuning.co.uk
http://www.bravo-guide.co.uk THE Fiat Bravo site

Stilo 1600, your car does 0-60 in 8.52secs? thats bloody quick, what mods you got? Whats it output?

Stilo TURBO!!!!(diesel)

Also where did you get your exhaust and whats the diference between 3 and 5 door spoilers?

Sorry for all the [?]

Stilo TURBO!!!!(diesel)

Sorry for the meet but work very often in weekens.
Now I believe you for the gearbox, but when you don't change it your topspeed is just a little higher (no problem, going to fast already)
But the cooling of the engine ? And smoke ?
And the technical check take the revs 2 or 3 times to the max to check for smoke (sort of probe will chech it).
Sorry for the English is a bit rusty!!!!!!!

<font face="Comic Sans MS"></font id="Comic Sans MS"><font size="6"></font id="size6">

The 0-60 time in 8.52 seconds was running with just a ss eghaughst and a K&N57i

the mods i have are
03 plate 3door stilo active sport in sassy grey.
colour coded wing mirrors and mounting arms,
colour coded door handles,
abarth sideskirts,
5dr spoiler,
full stailess eghaust c/w twin round 3" tailpipes,
K&N 57i induction kit,
full engine remap by motorsport developments.

the 5dr spoiler is bigger than 3dr and is more round than a flat spoiler im gonna put some pic on when i figger out how to do it
ive not done a 0-60 with the remaped engine yet but ill let you know
:):)

louc

Not to try and flame you or out, but I very much doubt that an exhaust and filter would give that kid of gain, that is the 0-60 time for the Abarth, which has 170bhp. How did you take times?

I didn't realise the spoiler was different TBH, I'll have a look sometime.:)

Stilo TURBO!!!!(diesel)

THE 0-60 time was taken with sensors and all that stuff my uncle is well into all that stuff he has a 2wd saph cosworth

I know what you are saying about the abarth being 8.5s but that is a much heavier car with a selespeed gearbox. i dont know what the manual gearbox version is 0-60 i bet its quicker though

and have you seen how restrictive the standard eghaughst and filter box are
the center section alone 1s 2 1/2 foot long and the backbox is massive
that is why they are so quiet in standard form

the filter box is also very restrictive with only a tiny hole for air to get in.

so that is why it was so quick i was supprised too!

by the way it blows away so called peformance cars
eg golf gti and astra gte

louc

The manual Abarth has the same 0-60 time, I know changing the induction/exhaust on a car helps, but surely this is more with response rather than out and out power?

Most people on here with 1.6's complain about being slow compared to similar vehicles, let alone hot hatches.

All I'm saying is 2 seconds of the 0-60 time is a lot just by changin the filter and exhaust.

So where did you get your exhaust?

Stilo TURBO!!!!(diesel)

Back