Tuning Stereo driving me mad

Currently reading:
Tuning Stereo driving me mad

Stressed500

I have a 2010 500pop. I am trying to remove the stereo but the clips don't work, I have also tried screwdrivers but they don't work, it just won't move. How can I get it out. I don't mind damaging the fascia etc because I am replacing it....please help someone

Normally the clips should work. You must insert them until they click in. You more feel than hear the clicking. Then you must pull them outward so that the part inside the radio moves against the radio body to unclip the unit and pull it out. A little wriggling should help. Screwdrivers won't work.

Normally the clips should work. You must insert them until they click in. You more feel than hear the clicking. Then you must pull them outward so that the part inside the radio moves against the radio body to unclip the unit and pull it out. A little wriggling should help. Screwdrivers won't work.
they don't work at all, I even took it to a stereo shop and he tried, he said he thinks the person who had the car before me tried but has damaged the clips so it's not going to work...I need to get it out somehow....any ideas?

Perhaps you need to press the radio into the dashboard to unclip it. The postion of the tool is important too, if too deep in you won't really press the clips. I don't know how acess is from beyond if secret case and other linig is taken out. If you get acess to the metal cage this way you can see the clips and work them in to prise the radio out.

Push the removal tools in( the U shaped tools ) then bend outwards to each side of the radio now rock the whole lot whilst pulling you may eventually have to reach behind to push out if it wont release but more likely just stuck ?
thanks, the guys from the shop tried everything but it won't budge. They said the only way now is to take part of the dashboard away and try to get at it from underneath or behind....its so annoying...

Perhaps you need to press the radio into the dashboard to unclip it. The postion of the tool is important too, if too deep in you won't really press the clips. I don't know how acess is from beyond if secret case and other linig is taken out. If you get acess to the metal cage this way you can see the clips and work them in to prise the radio out.
thanks for your help have tried everything, might have to go in fro behind or under by taking some of the dashboard out....doesn't sound cheap though sadly

Back