Technical Stereo Adaptor

Currently reading:
Technical Stereo Adaptor

broken_brian

Mad dictator
Where do you get the stereo adaptor that has the cubby hole below the stereo as i think it looks far better than the one without it. My stilo is fitted with just the tape deck h/u and i will be getting rid of it to fit my alpine mp3 unit.

And finaly where is the best place to take a permenant live feed from as my stereo needs one

Many thanks

Brian

broken_brian said:
Where do you get the stereo adaptor that has the cubby hole below the stereo as i think it looks far better than the one without it. My stilo is fitted with just the tape deck h/u and i will be getting rid of it to fit my alpine mp3 unit.

And finaly where is the best place to take a permenant live feed from as my stereo needs one

Many thanks

Brian

Halfords.........and dont know

AppleSei said:
you cant fit bugger all in that cubby hole also

You can do this..

Attachments

• IMGP4056.JPG
    IMGP4056.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 136
yup its an alpine. plus i also need to run a power supply for my amp anyway.

Iwas just wondering where the best place to run the wires through the bulkhead is.

I am also going to fit the stereo in the cubby hole above the glovebox and just leave the standard fiat unit in situ.(y)

Last edited:
best place to put your main power feed from your battery is on the pasenger side.
if you lift ur carpet up in the pasenger footwell theres a load of foam sound proofing behind it, move that out the way ul see your main wiring loom gromit.
were the rest of ur wires come into ur car from engine bay you can use that. thats wat i used there may be other ways but thats the best way i found
and you dont have to drill any wholes

id see his reasoning behind doing it, if you were gona put a cheap tv in the middle were the standard radio is cos i was gona do it

Nah it was to put off some little thief from wanting to nick the stereo, but my hu buttons stick out too far and catch on the door so looks like it will need to go in the right place after all. I found another place to run the wires through to the cabin, just above where the heater pipes go through the bulkhead there is a plastic cover plate i just popped it out put a hole in it and put it back in and ran the wires through it. It is quite tricky to get to though.
Had the car two days and i've had it in bits already :eek:

Thanks for all your help

Brian

ah rite.ur not alone there. i think every body on here has had there fiats in bits, ur not a fiat owner if u havnt.
u no the blank bit of plastic under the heater controls if u remove it theres a big black thing dnt no wat it is but ive sin a head unit in there before dont no if u wana try that route .

il have a look for the photo

broken_brian said:
Nah it was to put off some little thief from wanting to nick the stereo, but my hu buttons stick out too far and catch on the door so looks like it will need to go in the right place after all. I found another place to run the wires through to the cabin, just above where the heater pipes go through the bulkhead there is a plastic cover plate i just popped it out put a hole in it and put it back in and ran the wires through it. It is quite tricky to get to though.
Had the car two days and i've had it in bits already :eek:

Thanks for all your help

Brian
Thats just how i did it in my guise on here

I have a Alpine and have no prob about running it Just plugged it straight in

Back