Technical Stilo Stereo Wiring

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo Stereo Wiring

Hi All,

Can anyone do me a favour and pull out their original Stilo Stereo and take a pic of the ISO connectors on the back.

For some strange reason mine has a Red wire running from the ISO block off into the body of the car somewhere which ISN'T part of the main wiring loom.

Looks like it's coming off the 12v ACC pin (No4), it also has a splice in it with a small yellow wire. So guessing at some point someone's wired in an aftermarket stereo.

Just need to know if it's their on the standard wiring or whether I can remove it from mine. As I want to tidy this car up (only using the standard stereo for originality).

Red = 12v
Yellow = memory

h t t p s ://image.ibb.co/gvPaSe/20180817_201826.jpg"]https://image.ibb.co/gvPaSe/20180817_201826.jpg

This is from my working original Fiat Stilo radio.

I think your wire will probably go to your battery and that a aftermarket radio was installed. ( Switched plus? )

Last edited:
Ok, managed to figure out what/where my extra live feed goes from/too.

For some reason the previous owner/owners decided to cut the main 12v permanent power supply (A7 on the ISO block) and then re-wire it to the cigarette lighter to supply the permanent 12v power supply. No idea why you'd want to do this as your just swapping one 12v feed for another.

Anyway, cut out the wire and re-soldered/heatshrinked the two main loom wires. So that's all repaired and looking factory ( I HATE shoddy wiring/bodges on cars). Stereo now works as it should (i.e. NOT turning itself on as soon as it gets power, but rather when you press the on/off button as it does now :D).

Think i might start my own Stilo JTD Sporting revive thread and list everything that gets done/repaired.

Last edited:
If you want to know how bad the 12v LIVE permanent wire was, basically they'd cut the wire in two. Soldered one end then just pushed them together and held that way with heat shrink.

The wires weren't even solder joined together, only the heat shrink was holding them together. One very small pull and they just came apart. Makes me wonder why people like that are allowed to own cars.

They've now been done correctly with Heat Shrink Solder joins, only way they are coming apart is by cutting them.

Last edited:
the reason why you splice into the cigarette lighter wire is to give a switched live, as the normal Stilo wiring only gives a permanent live, with the switching coming from the CANBUS wires (which only works on the OEM radios)

Back