Tuning Steering wheel upgrades

Currently reading:
Tuning Steering wheel upgrades

Sorry about having to make a thread for this but it seems nobody has asked before.

Has anyone fitted an aftermarket steering wheel to a Panda? I've seen pictures on google images of a white panda with a 1242 conversion (possibly Panda-Sports'?) that has a mamo steering wheel which is exactly what I want.

26268110020_large.jpg

Had a nasty suprise when out on a blast the other day, almost ditched it off the road which I'm blaming on the awful brakes (soon to be fixed) and the thin, slippy steering wheel.

Ended up doing the classic flapping and frantic grasping of the steering wheel, trying to recover the tank slapper I'd got myself into.

Not fun!!!!!!!!

Brakes are being sorted soon, so lesson learned - I need a new steering wheel!

What I want to know is how do you fit one? Is there a universal kit or something as no doubt the splines on the steering column will be different for them all. Even better has anybody done it themselves?

Last edited:
erm..
https://www.fiatforum.com/gallery/data/500/100_2132.JPG
my hub was custom done though, used to list a momo hub lots of places but seem to have disappeared now. Worth checking with Kev (purple haze) as I think he has a dealer option momo from a cinq which suggests a cinq hub would be doable.
Alternatively if you want an upgrade on the cheap I have a Y10 wheel spare:

bottom right. Quite neat, looks factory but it's a softer padded wheel instead of the hard plastic.

see:)
Andrew.

The Cinq Sporting wheel is a popular wheel to fit. I think it's a straight swap though you'll have to wait for one of Panda lot to confirm what is needed ;)

BTW, it's "Momo" not "Mamo" - the latter sounds kind of maternal!

haha I knew it was momo!

I thought momo sounded a bit....retarded though - which is why I chose what sounds like a make of maternal clothing instead lol

The chinq sporting wheel still has a dosile, normal look about it. However I notice a lot of adverts for momo wheels that fit the chinq sportings so possibly they also fit my panda!

-edit-

waaaaw I want the one on the top right! It looks perfect for what I'm after. You say its a momo hub made to fit a chinq column? I didn't quite understand that part.

Thanks for you help Andrew! Glad someone on here has tried and sucseeded in fitting one :)

Last edited:
ahaa! knew I remembered this:
https://www.fiatforum.com/panda-classic/185280-feels-faster.html
that wheel (like mine) is a standard 'momo' fit, small 6 hole fitting. the boss is from a cinq. ergo: a cinq aftermarket momo boss should fit(y)
..probably. then the world is your oyster for wheel choice if you want to splash the cash.

Wahey! Theres one on ebay!!!!!

Does year matter? The one I've spied is this beauty. For a 92-97 model.

Thanks for the info, hopefully I'll get one of these bad boy steering wheels on for next week :)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Wahey! Theres one on ebay!!!!!

Does year matter? The one I've spied is this beauty. For a 92-97 model.

Thanks for the info, hopefully I'll get one of these bad boy steering wheels on for next week :)
Yay! get in there:woot::woot:
....and if it doesn't fit remember, I only said 'probably';)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I've got an aftermarket wheel in my 750L, the one in this pic.......

It's an easy job to fit, you can buy the hub on ebay, I used this one...........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360166533859&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It's a bit pricey, cost me just as much as the wheel, but I will be getting another one as I'd like to fit a sporty retro wheel in Charmania. Top left of centre in Y10's hoard would do nicely, but in a slightly bigger diameter. :)

And something form mine...but I didn't fit it....

Attachments

• IMG_4817.jpg
    IMG_4817.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 59
  • c3e10f9e37d08981.jpg
    c3e10f9e37d08981.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4819.jpg
    IMG_4819.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 47
Back